Invite plugin - shortcode

We want to create a small button for readers to click below the article and invite others.

Does the plugin have a shortcode or some other 'call' function?

• tblrg
    • Flash Drive

Confused! If the invite plugin works only from the back-end, how does a user know where to click on the invite? There is no dashboard as a guest or in other roles.

Help me here. What should the user do to invite a friend? Assume he/she does not access to the dashboard and is a subscriber.

• tblrg
    • Flash Drive

The product description may need a change.

Here is the description from the Invite Plugin found on the download page - "Allow your users to invite - via email - their friends and colleagues to check out their blog and sign up at your site!"

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Yep, the key words there being "to check out their blog" which says that people using the plugin will have a blog and only site admins can actually have a blog.

Can see why it's not immediately obvious so I'll pass onto folks here to see if we can smarten it up...

Phil

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi, I am checking the forum because I too could not see how my USERS would invite their friends and then I found this - so the plugin doesn't do what it says it does!

The narrative needs to change on this ASAP, its misleading and I, for one, have just wasted my time installing this plugin.

Sorry if you don't like the tone on this post but I'm afraid if this had already been corrected when @tblrg identified it back in October then at least users like me wouldn't have been messed around.

Please correct the description WMPUDev!

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.