Invites plugin invites to main domain not subdomain of my blog site.

When I use the invite on a blog created as a subdomain on my network it invites people to the main domain and not the subdomain. Is that how it is supposed to work?

• UmkaDK

Hi Harry,

Been playing with the same plugin and that is exactly how it works for me too. I got around it by installing Add Users Sidebar Widget. This widget sits in your sidebar and allows site users to add themselves to a blog based on predefined conditions. Then I just include detailed instructions on how to subscribe in the default invite mail.

As for why it works that way... I believe this done by design as it simplifies the sign up process. WP multi-site allows users to register either just a username or create their own blog. If a user is invited, then WP would not only have to track who invited that user but also decide what to set as that users primary blog: is it whoever invited them or is it the blog that they've created? i imagine this would add to much complication into the plugin... though we'll see what "the support" sais. :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!!

• DavidM

Hi guys,

That's correct, in Multisite, signups occur through the main site by default. So the plugin would send them to the registration process, which is on the main site.

You can still customize the message, of course, but that does bring up a good point about their being made a user (having a role added) on the sub-site in question.

Hope you don't mind my moving this to the feedback forum to look into. I'll tag one of the developers who can have a look when he gets a moment, and see if there's an easy way to achieve that.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.