"Invoice already paid" issue with M2P and PayPal

Some of the members cannot pay/signup for a membership becuase when they get to the PayPal site and try to make a payment, PayPal says that "this invoice was already paid". Initially there were 3 members with that issue but now there's more of them.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Pete,

I setup debug log on your site, to see if there are any errors that would influence the transactions but I wasn't able to replicate issue - error is not showing for me (I tried with new and exiting test user account).
    Are you able to get one of your users that have this issue to try again so we could get something in debug?
    I checked few accounts and seems that with those failed payments you manually extended access? Is that correct?
    Have you changed memberships BSRLM Membership (Standard) after 31 January 2018? By checking billing logs it looks like it had different dates of access before.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Pete

Hi Kasia,

I have logged in as a user called JCroft and tried to pay again via PayPal and it still comes up with the "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant." error in PayPal when I try to pay. Can you see anything in debug now?
    I am unsure whether the users have been extended access, however I am aware a lot of users have been changed from Mailing List users to paid membership users, this was done on the 5th February 2018. I'll check to see whether any users have been given extended access.

Best Regards,
    Andrew

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Andrew,

I was checking your site now, but it seems that MySQL sever stopped responding - I checked if the credentials for database connection are correct in wp-config.php and they are. There are messages in debug.log "MySQL server has gone away" - so you have to contact your server provider to check if MySQL server is up and running.

I just want to notice, that debug log shows that problem with database occurred also on 13 of February. So it might be that this repeating problem.

Besides that there is no errors in debug.log about payment gateways and Memberships - just bunch of irrelevant notices.

Let me know when your site will be up again.

kind regards,
    Kasia