Is Anyone Familiar with the Mayshop

Hello,

I have installed the MayaShop Theme from yithemes and there is a built in newsletter section... it is listed in theme options.

I am supposed to be able to connect it with mailchimp.

Here are the tutorials I followed...
http://support.yithemes.com/entries/23077972-HOW-TO-NEWSLETTER-FORM
http://www.yourinspirationweb.com/tf/support/Newsletter/Newsletter.html

But mailchimp has changed...

These are the steps I followed:
I already had a mailchimp account, I installed the mailchimp plugin (now you have to connect your plugin to mailchimp with your login, I selected my list, made it so it has only e-mail (unchecked the first and last name) so I did that) I added the widget, input the following...

1) Title Field -> Stay Updated:
2) Description Field -> subscribe our special newsletter
3)Action Field -> #mc_signup
4)Method of request -> Post
5)Identification name of the "Email" field -> mc_mv_EMAIL
6) Label of "Email" field -> Your email
7) Label of "Submit" button -> Subscribe
8) Hidden-> mc_submit_type=html&mcsf_action=mc_submit_signup_form&_mc_submit_signup_form_nonce=020569e00b

I didn't need to go back to the mailchimp API etc because it is already connected and I already connected it to a list in the mailchimp plugin settings.

Also, this is the link to where I have the mailchimp widget temp in the sidebar
http://www.callalilycosmetics.com/store/hair-care/

I saved my setting and tested it with two different email addresses and neither worked.

And also... how come in the newsletter field it says "your name" instead of "your email" ? Please tell me how I can change that?

Please help and let me know what I'm doing wrong here... how can I get the newsletter to be connected to my mailchimp?

And the other things is that on the site, the newletter says your name.... instead of your email??? I don't see where to change that. On their demo site it has other things written... here's their demo http://preview.yithemes.com/maya/home-version-ii/

Please let me know if you can help me figure out what I did wrong and why the mailchimp isn't working with their newsletter and also where I can change the wording in the newsletter field.

Thank you!!!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Emex! Happy Saturday!

Sorry this is giving you trouble! Would you mind letting us take a look under the hood with support access? Maybe I've got the right hammer to get this all sorted out for you, so you can have your Saturday back. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Emex!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Emex,

Hope you're doing well today!

I logged in and took a closer look. The reason that your value says "Your name" is because of the content you have in your footer copyright text left section, as seen in the screenshot.

You can find that via your theme options :slight_smile:

change the email label, to "Your email" or anything else you might prefer.

As for it not being connected properly. Did you do what the video shows from 3:26 on? The mailchimp side setup?

Also, in the video(second link you posted) your newsletter shortcode as a lot of added parameters. Can you try with just the basic shortcode like they have in the video :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Emex!

All the best,
    Tyler

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Emex Online
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your reply... that did the trick to change the footer... I kept looking in the newsletter section.

As far as the video and doing the rest of the stuff in mailchimp...

Well, I believe its all been done because since that video its a new version of mailchimp and I don't need to paste the API because its automatically connected with login. The list was already made and is connected to the plugin. So I'm not sure what else it would need to be done in there as it had already been done before.

Any other ideas of why the newsletter isn't connecting to mailchimp?

I can send the mailchimp login info if you want to look there to see if I'm missing something in there, just send me an email.

Really appreciate your help,

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Chatchura,

Thanks again for stopping by the live chat :slight_smile:

Glad this is all working now. Good stuff. Just in-case anyone is following this thread and wants to know the solution. It was to remove the first and last name field from the newsletter shortcode.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Chathura!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.