Is avatars a working plugin?

I have installed avatars, and
cannot upload jpgs, and have same issues exactly like numerous posts before.

showing a crop box and no image
double menus
changed permssions to no avail
multi site

Thanks
Darrin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings proimages,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

showing a crop box and no image

Cannot confirm on test production server, screen shot attached.

double menus

I reported this bug and it only appears in the network admin dashboard. Does not appear when logged into a site as its admin nor as a regular user.

multi site

It is completely working for me with the exception of the double avatars tab which I can only find when logged in as network admin as described above. I have reported this to the lead developer as a confirmed bug report in another ticket.

This could possibly be a mod security problem concerning the uploading of the avatar/graphic.

Please see if you can disable mod security for this specific site by adding the following to your htaccess file as the very first line:

SecFilterEngine Off

You may get an error if your host does not allow the disabling of the mod security module or mod security is not enabled.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• proimages
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Why does every issue on this site have a response that its works on your server please send a link to a working server/site. I say that because numerous people have the same issue as I am..

I don't think removing security filters is a valid answer.

I will try some other plugin first.
    cheers
    Darrin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Darrin,

Why does every issue on this site have a response that its works on your server please send a link to a working server/site. I say that because numerous people have the same issue as I am..

Though we are just trying to help, sometimes people seem indifferent to that help.

Hi Mr. Mechanic, my car sounds like this clank clank clank, but you cannot see my car, tell me how to fix it. How come every mechanic I call wants to see my car and they just won't simply tell me how to fix it?

Oh one gave me an answer but rather then try to see if it indeed works, and he did not ask to see my car either, I will just go an buy a new car.

Works for me.

Cheers, Joe

• proimages

I'm asking to see working goods, because I've been sent down the rabbit hole
    with a good percentage of these plugins.

I see others having same issues and the blanket..its works for us is getting old.

Maybe you run a server with no security or a wordpress with one plugin
    but they all claim to work on multi sites etc.

I think its time we see working goods and screen shots don't cut it!
    Really want to see a working demo and poll on every plugin, security level
    rating etc. its only fair!

Cause I'm starting to feel a lot of my time is being sucked into trouble shooting.
    and responses like this!
    cheers
    Darrin Nupuf

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Darrin,

I was with WPMU Dev as a regular Member for a year with a total of 9 (nine) tickets in one year and one of those was about the WordPress admin bar.

I developed two completely working networks with WPMU Dev plugins that are still running without issues on the servers I built and configured and not a single security breach since I started hosting in 1998.

Cheers, Joe

• proimages

I would love to look over some of these sites, and see which plugs you are using effectively.

I just spent a good amount if time today trying to prove or disprove the 'directory' is working 'for a third time'..I found a beta version of the plug that fix some issues.

but its still having tons of issues...
    Lack of documentation and demos is troubling
    http://209.126.222.20/ -front page is working..
    click on
    http://209.126.222.20/listings/new-health-professional/
    not working
    try having these type issues with most of the WPMU plugins...
    Yes I test on a number of templates and I have eight networks and all other plugs and templates seem to be working and are mostly hassle free. I keep thing pretty minimal and separate major plugs.
    cheers
    Darrin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings proimages,

Here is a site by one of our members that has designed it inside of two months with massive plugins of ours: http://mymiddle-earth.net/

And here is one of my networks with massive plugins though I am indeed moving it to another domain on a rebuild with a little different business model in mind http://facepresssite.com/ and then our newest site http://wpmu-hosting.org/ that is almost complete.

By the way none of these belong to WPMU Dev.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.