Is custompress supported by Membership?

Hi, I am trying to determine whether the membership plugin supports custom post types created with the Custompress plugin or not?

I am creating a large membership site and using the CustomPress plugin will really help organize things better, but if I can not protect the Custom Post Types then it is useless for my situation.

Thanks for your help!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya chrisegg,

You definitely can protect custom post types with membership plugin. Can you tell us a bit more of the kind/level of protection you’re looking for?

We’d be happy to provide you with some additional help setting things up if needed.

Thanks!

• chrisegg
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well, I need to create a membership site with 7 different member levels, but because each of these levels is going to have a bunch of content, I wanted to create a custom post type (CPT) for each of the member levels to keep the site more organized.

My site is setup in Multisite with three areas, the main site at example.com, the membership site at members.example.com, and a shopping cart at store.example.com.

I was plying with CustomPress and from what I could tell it is a BuddyPress or Multisite plugin. I could only create CPT that were then shared throughout the network which I do not want. I only want the CPT to be available within the members.example.com site. So I went looking for another plugin.

I found another plugin, More Types, that allows you to create CPT and still allow the use of Categories for those CPT. So I setup the membership levels to protect content via category, but it is not working. I can still access the content that is suppose to be protected via category. I thought maybe it was because I was using the More Types plugin, but I then created a post with in the standard post section and assigned it to the same category and the content is still accessible.

The other issue I am having with the More Type plugin, when I go to the category archive page, it does not display the CPT articles assigned that category. (I know this is not your issue, just letting you know what I am dealing with :grinning:

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Thanks for the additional info. I’m not familiar with the More Types plugin, but the category issue we should be able to resolve. If you have the category setup as part of your URL you can use the URL groups to disable access to this.

For example create a URL Group called ‘CATEGORYNAME’

If you want to block this category across all URLs like this:

http://example.com/CATEGORYNAME/

http://members.example.com/CATEGORYNAME/

http://store.example.com/CATEGORYNAME/

If you’re using a different permalink structure, modify the above to match that. Then in your membership level area call the URL Group as a positive or negative rule.

Let us know if that does the trick for ya.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.