Is Directory Plugin right for me?

I’m looking a creating a directory site that targets one individual niche. I was looking at the WP Directory and it looks promising, but I won’t need all the categorizing.

I’d need to heavily customize the design/layout and information fields that businesses fill out.

Also, there’s the thought of using wildcard sub-domains represent the specific city that the user is looking in.

Does the WP Directory sound like a good fit?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dwhite,

At a cursory glance it sounds like it’s made to handle what you’re trying to accomplish. If you won’t need all the categorizing capability, would it be viable to setup cities as categories?

Also, Directory provides all you need to add additional fields from the back-end so that part is easy. If you’re going to heavily customize the design/layout, you can use the embed codes for all these fields and paste them where you want them in your template.

As for sub-domains, WordPress multisite can handle that part, but it would require setting up an individual site for each city, which would be different from handling cities via categories. You can use our New Blog Template plugin to aide in the setup process though. Just setup one site as a template for all the rest that you create.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Cheers,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.