Is ebay integration possible sometime in the future

I dont know how feasable this is but I did notice as I was looking around at some store providers… ie the competition… some of them offered Ebay Integration…. I honestly dont know what all that includes but thought Id ask about that if you guys were looking at possible additions to marketpress.

Personally Im all for SSL in marketpress first as almost all providers out there offer that…I only saw 2 or 3 with the ebay integration but still I just wanna offer as much as possible to customers.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Hmm – which ones were they then? I honestly don’t understand what that could possibly mean.

If you had an online store, why would you want to integrate with your eBay store as surely that’d lead to people using eBay instead of your own site and probably lowering your profit margins.

But I don’t use eBay so I don’t know :slight_smile:

Phil

• LCDist
    • The Incredible Code Injector

1 and 1s webstore plan had it I know… like I said I dont know all the details other then I think it may be a way to get your name out there more as they also are linked to shopping.com thast th eonly one I saw with that on there… its not that critical to me just was pointing it out.

• lee_down
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have a friend who has his own online store, and he insists upon ebay integration.

To answer the question why, he confesses he gets far more business via ebay than his own site alone. Properly integrated, however, he says he is able to publish on his site and push to ebay, and can communicate from his own site, rather than ebay.

Let’s revisit this. It seems important to many people selling hard goods.

• nate_petersen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is something I am VERY interested in. A friend does this as well, though through low-tech means (IE referring eBay customers to his own store).

The idea is pretty simple: post some items to ebay that are high draw and will generate traffic; once they are a customer, you can process a lot of the final details through your own service, introducing them to your site. Once introduced, and assuming they had a good experience, you are able to get them to shop your site with better prices, more selection, etc. than just going to eBay~

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.