Is it best to have a dedicated multisite wordpress installation for use with Pro Sites?

Hi folks:

Is it best to have a dedicated multisite wordpress installation for use with Pro Sites?

It seems to try to include Pro Sites on one of my list sites here for staff would make it management headache because I will have a lot more than just Pro Sites offering on that site.

I am thinking the answer would be overwhelmingly yes.

Thanks for all input.

:slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @greg,

Pro sites generall allows you to sell sites where you can set post quotas etc. You can also create premium plugin packs/themes available to specific pro site levels, so you can offer members different packages for their needs.

It really depends on how you want to use your site really, If it’s just a general site then maybe you don’t need pro sites, but it’s good if you want to offer maembers that little bit more.

Hope this helps

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@vaughan

I want to offer free sites plus extensive premium services that I offer along with additional WPMUDev extension offerings to enhance.

I guess my question is, when people do that does the overwhelming majority of people set up a independent wordpress multisite specifically for only offering such services?

Or, do they add pro sites to some current site they already have and offer it on a current site?

I know some will and some will not of course. I am trying to determine however, what the overwhelming majority of folks actually do?

There can be a ton of plugins associated with Pro Sites that could conflict with other stuff. I find, personally, it can get convoluted if adding Pro Sites to a current site that is being used for other purposes…

Does that help clear up my angle or reason for my question?

Please let me know…other welcome to comment too…

Other considerations may be if it is sold or split off later etc…kind of like Edublogs or others…

:slight_smile:

Greg

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

If your other site is used for other purposes, then I would set up a different site personally for selling the pro-sites, so that the other site is kept seperate.

But make sure the other site is on a completely different domain & IP to the other sites. You’ll need to anyway if you decide to use any domain mapping plugins or multi-domains etc.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.