Is it possible for me to move my search bar to the header in Scribe?

Hi there

I’d love to move the search bar from the weirdo corner in the bottom left to the nice ‘n’ predictable top right in the header. Is that possible? Can you help?

e

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Emma,

Yes you can do that – search bar is draggable element so you can drag it up to the header and drop in place when it fits you the most.

When you drag element you will see appearing violet lines – those are places where you can drop element. It works the same for search element.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Emma Clarke
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Kasia

Thanks so much for your help. I’ve tried to drag and drop it but something weird’s happening. I can’t get it to drag into the header. It’ll go up as far as the middle of the top banner image…then it gets stuck. Then I click ‘undo’ and then the search bar keeps disappearing completely. Can you help? I’d like it in the header, above the menu items, to the left of the social media stuff. Do you think that’s possible?

e

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Emma,

I had one of developers go into your site to move this search bar because when I edited site I was getting the same results as you.

But on developer side everything was working fine. But then one of your other admins started to working on the site and we had to stop editing (Upfront shows who is editing site).

Can you tell me what system and browser you are using? I was able to replicate this issue on Chrome on Linux – but developer was on different system and showed me that he can move elements without problem.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Emma Clarke

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just logged in with Support Access and could move the Search box without any problem. I moved it to different places, then clicked on Undo but it didn’t disappear, rather is was taken back to previous position. I’m trying from Firefox 45.0.2 on OS X 10.10.5 .

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.