Is it possible for visitors to donate anonymously?

Is there an option for visitors to donate anonymously? Thanks. Rich.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Rich,

Hope you're well?

Do you mean anonymous to the site owner? or just not to be displayed in the backers lists?

It's not currently possible to do either at the moment, but I could certainly add this to the feature list for the developers to consider in a future update.

Thanks

• Rich.
    • Flash Drive

Hey Vaughan, thanks for the prompt response, much appreciated. I want visitors to be able to tick a box to donate anonymously, ie. it will replace their name with "Anonymous" anywhere on the site. At the moment, it shows me as "Richard G" for example, but within a small community such as WYR that would be obvious to everyone that's me!! Best. Rich.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Rich,

Currently there is no way of achieving this without modifying the actual plugin code, I have moved it to the feature requests though for the developer to consider. In the meantime let me just ask one of our SLS if there's an easy way of doing this. However if it's going to take a while, it might be quicker to advertise for a developer to make the changes. You could advertise on our jobs board here.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps

• Rich.
    • Flash Drive

Hey Vaughan. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I would normally be happy to pay for customisation, however this project is a small non-profit community website, so budget is tight. I've found Total Donations on CodeCanyon which permits donors to contribute anonymously, so it'll probably be easier to switch in this instance. Thanks again. Rich.

• Rich.
    • Flash Drive

Yup, but the display amounts donated shortcode and the latest donations widgets all show the donors first name and first initial of their surname , ie. Richard G. which in a small group means donors are likely to be recognisable.

• Rich.
      • Flash Drive

Yup, but something like "display:none" would just leave a list of figures. IMHO it needs an option for the donor to be able to decide whether or not they want their name displayed. Firstly, without it, there's a privacy issue that has to be addressed. Secondly, you want the show-offs to be able to have their names displayed, ie. if John sees Jack has donated $10 and is the competitive type he might want to donate $20, whereas James wants to donate $100 but doesn't want everyone to engulf him with demands to support their pet projects with similar amounts, so he decides to donate anonymously, etc. etc.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.