Is it possible not to ask payment or deposit for certain users?

Hello WPMUDev team,
I want to allow certain patients the ability to schedule/reserve an appointment but not be charged for it. Can this be done?

Regards,
Peter

• Dharmendra
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Peter,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can use integrate Appointment+ with MarketPress and then add a coupon with 100% discount to not to be charged for it.

To integrate Appointment+ with MarketPress Go to Appointments+ > Settings > General and then down to the Payment Settings. Set "Payment Required" to yes, and new options will appear. Configure everything to your liking, and make sure to have "Integrate with MarketPress" checked. Save.

Now all of your Appointments will be processed through the MarketPress plugin.

Also this can be done using Membership intergation too where you can set no fees for a certain level of members. As per the FAQ' in A+ plugin

How does integration with Membership work? Are there any special considerations?
    Membership member levels can be let exempt from advance payments/deposits. Also you can apply discounts for the selected membership levels. There are no special considerations: Appointments+ will be managing them automatically.

There are no complex integration settings. Its just used to provide discounts to certain membership levels or exempt them from making a deposit payment.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Have a great day!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Hope you are doing well!

I took a look and it appears you installed MarketPress and activated the appointments+ extension - now all you have to do is create the appointments product page. This is separate from your normal make an appointment page; however, will look the exact same except it will allow you to add appointments to a cart.

I have attached a screenshot explaining how to auto-generate the product page. It will be as simple as checking a box and hitting save :slight_smile:

Does this solve your issue? Please let us know if you still have questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tyler,
      I got it! I have a question, can you tell me which is the most straight forward approach to not charging certain patients. Should I use Membership, MarketPress or is there another way to do this. Reason I am asking is I have read a few topics and they say MarketPress is more involved and I am new to Wordpress I really want the most straight forward process.

Cheers,
      Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Membership would probably be the most convenient for the patient. Especially if they are going to be making regular appointments.

Reason: You can set that patients membership level to "premium" or whatever you want to call the level then whenever that patient makes an appointment, as long as they are logged in, it will be free. No coupons or anything else to add.

MarketPress on the other hand, the patient would have to add the coupon everytime. Also, you would have to setup the checkout process.

Check out this WPMU Dev video on integrating Appointments+ with membership or marketpress: http://youtu.be/cTHfV08MsU0

Gives a nice overview of how they integrate :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have anymore questions, we're always here to help!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hi Tyler,
      That is great I will check out the video. You mentioned that if I use the Membership plugin I need my user to login? We don't want to have our users to login we just want them to book an appointment. We want to give out a "coupon code" or not have certain patients and family members charged through the Paypal link to book an appointment.

Our basic need is not to charge certain patients and family members but allow them to schedule an appointment online. That's what we want to do!

Cheers,
      Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

We want to give out a "coupon code"

In that case, you're only option will be MarketPress. That way you can create the coupon and give it out to certain patients and family members. They can apply the coupon at checkout and won't have to pay for the appointment.

Membership will always require login for the free appointment because it has to know that the person making the appointment is one of the people who gets a free appointment.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have further questions.

• Peter

Hi Tyler,
      So with Membership users are required to login? Ok don't want that!
      MarketPress I have to setup the checkout process. Can you help me out with this? I setup the page and it says add to cart, what do I need to do at this point?

Is there a way to do it without either plugin?

Cheers,
      Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Unfortunately, appointments+ doesn't support coupons on it's own; however, setting up MarketPress to do so shouldn't be a problem for you :slight_smile:

and of course I would be happy to help you out! Make sure you create the product page like I mentioned above.

While setting up MarketPress just go tab by tab and set your settings. Remember, you won't need to bother with presentation too much since users will only be using the one appointment page. So it should make the process a lot quicker for you.

There is also a coupons tab where you can create the coupons you need.

For payment options, setup PayPal the same way you did for Appointments+

Post back if you run into any issues!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

I just went through and did a test transaction and you are correct. It won't forward you to PayPal, because there isn't any money to be paid, if you use the coupon.

When I checked out without the coupon and the $100 appointment in the cart, it took me to PayPal to pay the $100. It seems to be working exactly as it should.

Is there any other problems you're having?

The checkout process feels very smooth to me! I like it.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

You're right.

Works fine when your logged in, just not when your logged out it seems. Try deactivating the Membership plugin and try again. It could be blocking pages.

Try re-saving your permalinks and also re-creating the appointments+ product page. You can recreate it by deleting your current one then going back into the integration settings and checking the "Create an Appointment Product Page" checkbox and hitting save again.

Hopefully this will do the trick!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Peter, I hope you're well today!

I just visited the /make-an-appointment/ page on your site and didn't see the "Uncategorized" you mentioned above... Did you already manage to resolve this?
    It should be coming from your theme's template files and not the plugin but if you're still having an issue with this, then please post a link to a page on your site where this occurs and we'll be able to hide it using some CSS. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Sorry about the wait, was offline for awhile. I'm back!

Okay, so to get rid of that text we would normally have to edit a template file; however, it will likely be easier to get this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Then copy and paste the following code into it:

function mp_custom_category_list( $terms ){
    	if ( $terms == 'Uncategorized' )
    		return '';
    }
    add_filter('mp_category_list', 'mp_custom_category_list' );

You could also add that to your child themes functions.php file if you don't want to install the plugin above.

This way we avoid editing the MarketPress template files; where updates would erase your changes making you have to re-add code everytime MarketPress is updated (very annoying!).

Let us know if this solution works for you!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
        • CGO

Hey Peter,

Thanks!

Yes, the uncategorized text comes from the template-functions.php file within MarketPress. It automatically outputs that text when there is no category associated with the product.

When you integrate appointsments+ with MarketPress, it considers the appointments page a product page. This is why you see the text at the bottom on the new page and not on the original appointments page(before the integration).

Hope this clears it up for you! As always let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
        Tyler

• Peter

Hey Tyler,
    The solution you gave above is the on way to get rid of the text? Then I will download the plugin and follow your directions.

One other question is there a way to remove the Have a User Account information from the Review cart?

Regards,
    Peter

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Peter,

The solution you gave above is the on way to get rid of the text?

It isn't the only way; however, it is the best way in my opinion.

The other way would be to delete the "uncategorized" text in the MarketPress template file. The problem with this, is that everytime you update MarketPress it would put the text back in again.

One other question is there a way to remove the Have a User Account information from the Review cart?

Try copying and pasting this code into your custom CSS sheet. Your custom stylesheet is located Appearance > Edit CSS.

tr, .mp_cart_login, .mp_cart_or_label {
              display: none;
      }

.mp_cart_direct_checkout_link {
      	float: right;
      }

Hopefully that works for you! If not, post back so we can take another look :slight_smile:

Cheers,
      Tyler

• Peter

Hi Tyler,
    Can I the "Have a User Account" section removed along with the shipping section "Made a purchase here before? Login now to retrieve your saved info". Since we are only reserving the patients time slot and not having anything to download.

Regards,
    Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Okay, so I just added the following code to your custom CSS stylesheet for you:

#loginform, th.mp_cart_login, .mp_cart_or_label {
    }

.mp_cart_direct_checkout_link {
    	float: right;
    }

th {
    	text-align: right;
    }

.mp_cart_col_product, .mp_cart_col_price, .mp_cart_col_quant {
    	text-align: left;
    }

.mp_cart_login_msg {
    }

It looks like it did the trick. Please check it and let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Peter

Hey Tyler,
    It worked like a charm!

I will open another topic for this if you want, but is there a way to get more descriptive with the items in the cart instead of it saying Appointment: 73 and the date?

Cheers,
    Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.