Is it possible to accept donations with the membership plugin?

Can I accept donations with membership or would another plugin or button be needed? I will be accepting money with Authorize.net.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @Clinton

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard! And Happy New Year too! :slight_smile:

The Membership plugin has no functionality built-in to accept donations.

But, you could accept them anyway in a sense by creating a subscription plan with a Finite duration and limited access rules. That would allow your site visitors to donate by subscribing to a limited subscription that is, in essence, a thank-you for their donation. :slight_smile:

If you do not want users to need to register in order to donate, then yes, you would another plugin or button to do that.

Happily, Authotize.net does have Donate buttons available through SimpleCheckout:
    http://developer.authorize.net/api/simplecheckout/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Clinton
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the response, that pretty much covers it. Ideally it would be nice if people could gain access to parts of the site if they donate $35 or more but it seems that if they want to donate more they would need to use a separate donation button, is this correct?

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Clinton

I'm not exactly sure how the Authorize.net donate buttons work as I have never used them. I do know that PayPal donate buttons can be configured to allow users to enter their own amount to donate. Perhaps Authorize.net works in a similar fashion?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.