Is it possible to add a custom taxonomy to an event?

I had a client meeting today and, on the subject of events, he asked if we could add a custom taxonomy for [a] music genre and group/dj names.

This would be simple enough if I made my own custom event type, which is always the next resort, but is it possible to modify Events+ in this way?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @isarmstrong

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team. Thank you for being a member and for posting your question to the forum.

If you use CustomPress you should be able to set up custom event types. I will test it myself to see how easily it can be integrated and revert back to you.

I will also follow up with some of our super CustomPress support folk to see if they can give any tips. Revert back to you ASAP.

Have a good weekend!

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @isarmstrong

Hope you’re doing well.

I did a bit of research to see how you could add custom taxonomies and found two useful links that might give you some assistance.

New Release – Events & Bookings

Add taxonomies to Events+

I hope this gives you a little bit of help in the right direction. If I find anything else I will let you know.

Have a good day!

Gina

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it’s not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @isarmstrong

Thanks for the rep points. Much appreciated :slight_smile: PS Instead of giving me rep points, simply give me a thumbs up on my service, by clicking on the ‘Was Helpful’ button :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to look for you on the forum and if you’re assisting other members I will return the favor and pass some rep points your way. :slight_smile:

I hope those links were helpful. Of course I have also flagged the Developer, just to get his input, but it’s always good to be proactive and see if we can sort it out ourselves.

Talk soon!

Have a great day.

Gina

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Man, this actually sent me down a pretty brutal rabbit hole. The client in this case needs to be able to have custom information displayed when some clicks a venue, band, or DJ name – which means I need to figure out how to automate custom taxonomy pages that pull static content (else) simply display the taxonomy.

It was useful information but I fear, at the end of the day, what this client really needs is a custom post type for DJs, bands, venues, genres, and events – lumped in with the ability to feature any one of them. Clicking a venue name in a taxonomy would need to spit out a custom page with all the relevant information included.

It’s way way deeper than what this plugin is going to do. This will take a custom plugin.

The information was valuable in that it helped me guide the client towards the inevitable $5000 minimum expense he’s looking at.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings isarmstrong,

Wow this sounds like quite the job of custom development and as you said a brutal rabbit hole.

I am sorry that was/is beyond the scope of our forum but hope to be of valuable service to you now and in the future.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.