Is it possible to bundle different products with the mu

Is it possible to bundle different products with the mu provisioning, like hosting account or mail account.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

WHMCS is not one of our products, the Provisioning plugin simply allows WHMCS to set up sites within WordPress just like it would with cPanel or Plesk.

WHMCS can handle email sales, you're best chatting with them about this though:

http://www.whmcs.com/

With WHMCS and our Provisioning plugin you can also integrate with Pro Sites. Pro Sites allows for upgrades of extra space, premium themes and plugins, and other features:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

• murat_yamac

The reason i have asked this question is that your documentation is not clear about the plugin (from an admin point of view)
    I am quite familiar with WHMCS and what it can do (i am their user since 2010) .
    The question in detail was:
    I have an example.com multisite, and a client orders site1, the whmcs creates site1.example.com with username and password. If the client orders site1.com and wants to map it via Domain Mapping.
    Does the WHMCS creates an hosting package or not?
    Since it's a brand new domain without any dns records how the system create dns records?
    Can i provide the customer a cpanel account for mail purpose (he may want to have email account from his domain) and provision a site within the multisite network?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

The reason i have asked this question is that your documentation is not clear about the plugin (from an admin point of view)

I'm not sure what wasn't clear there, sorry. It walks you through the admin side and setting everything up with WHMCS and WordPress. The WordPress side is pretty simple, it's just entering the WHMCS host and the authorized IP address.

Nothing really changes in WordPress, this plugins simple allows WHMCS to provision websites in the multisite setup.

Does the WHMCS creates an hosting package or not?

It provisions a websites within the network, one that you can charge for. If you want more granular control to offer a package like more themes and plugins then you'd need Pro Sites that I mentioned before.

Since it's a brand new domain without any dns records how the system create dns records?

WHMCS handles that. As per the instructions you tell WHMCS what the IP address is. You still need a dedicated IP address if mapping automatically as per the usage docs for Domain Mapping:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

Can i provide the customer a cpanel account for mail purpose (he may want to have email account from his domain) and provision a site within the multisite network?

No, this works just like it would for another system in that if you were offering cPanel hosting you couldn't then set the MX Records to use Plesk email automatically. They could still edit their DNS within your WHMCS install (or wherever they use to manage their DNS) to set the MX Records as required.

You mentioned you're familiar with WHMCS, as you will be aware they only allow you one module when creating the product, this is why you can't have cPanel and WordPress provisioning, at least not without some custom coding on your part.

I hope this clarifies, have a great evening.

• murat_yamac

I have created the WHMCS package, tried and everything works in Wordpress part. There is only one issue and actually i had asked this issue at the beginning.
    How does the system creates the dns records, because when i register a domain while ordering it does only create nameserver records to my server not
    "WHMCS handles that. As per the instructions you tell WHMCS what the IP address is. You still need a dedicated IP address if mapping automatically as per the usage docs for Domain Mapping"

I have checked the Domain Mapping plugin documentation and it says "For the purpose of these instructions we will assume you are doing this through cPanel"

So back to the inital question. How does WHMCS can create a cPanel account and Wordpress multisite installation?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @murat_yamac,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

It doesn't automatically create the DNS record or cPanel account, it automatically maps the domain, but you still need to set the A record at the registrar of the purchased domain.

So if you require a domain and the customer purchases the domain, you'd then create the A record pointing to your dedicated IP, if that makes sense?

But it does point to your name server, so if your name server points to your dedicated IP, your domain then will that the customer purchases.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.