Is it possible to change the shortcode output for Appointments+?

I'm trying to put together the "Make an Appointment" page, and I noticed that the "app_services" shortcode output and the "app_service_providers" shortcode output are nearly the same, except for one bit that's causing me some styling trouble. On the "app_services" shortcode, there are two
outputs that follow the drop-down menu right before the button. On the "app_service_providers" shortcode, they aren't there. How do I make them go away on the "app_services" shortcode?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @mike17,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've just took at look at your site and found that there aren't any outputs which follows dropdown button except button saying "Show Available Items". I must be missed something. Can you please attache screenshot explaining what you want to remove ?

Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Visceral Concepts!

Thank you for this explanation. I took another look at your site and I think you're referring to two

<br>

tags that appear after the "Select service" drop-down list. I admit I'm not sure how they get there as after testing this on my own test setup I'm sure they shouldn't be produced by the plugin.

However, are you using [app_services] shortcode with additional parameteres? On "Appointments -> Shortcodes" page in your dashboard you'll find some examples similar to this one:

[app_services ... select="Please select a service:"]

Please notice three dots/points inside ("..."). I think that in case of some themes or additional plugins that affect WP content these may be replaced with new line tags. That said, please make sure that there's no dots/points inside shortcode.

If this is not a case, please try this CSS:

.app_services_dropdown_select br {display:none;}

To apply it to your site please add this line either to your child theme style.css file (if you're using a child theme) or via a "Simple Custom CSS" plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Visceral Concepts!

While I understand your fix, I'd rather unnecessary code not be output. Is there a way to stop them from being produced?

As I mentioned before, the Appointments+ plugin itself shouldn't produce that tags by default so it's an issue specific to your setup. This may be caused by another plugin or by some functions included in theme or I may be missing something here as well. That said, I could take a closer look at it if you wish but I'd need to access your site in order to do this. If you'd like me to proceed with that investigation, could you please grant me a support access to your site?

Here's a guide on how to do this:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.