Is it possible to change the widget-recent-global-posts.php file by copying it to my theme’s folder

I want to apply some changes to the default file from the Global Post Widget widget-recent-global-posts.php and I wanted to know if it’s possible to do so by adding it to my theme’s folder like it can be done when editing the global-site-search.php from the Global Search plugin.

Is it possible to do add the widget-recent-global-posts.php file from The Global Post Widget to the active theme to be able to change its layout?

• Nahid

Hey marlin !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to customize the layout and styling of the widget by copying the widget-recent-global-posts.php file to your theme folder. This is the only file that is there in the plugin and there are no separate template files that you could copy to your theme like the Global Site Search plugin.

The only workaround would be determining the hooks and filters from the plugin and customizing into those in a mu-plugin or the functions.php file of your theme (child theme more preferably). Or, as a last resort, you could try customizing the plugin file itself since updates for this specific plugin is not very frequent. But please note, this is not the recommended process and your changes will be overwritten upon future plugin updates.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.