Is it possible to copy a whole set of fields in Forminator forms

I have a large form made in Forminator. Is it possible to copy past the whole set of fields with their dependencies?
It would be so much faster, more effective, cooler if clusters of fields could be grouped and a whole group could be duplicated.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thomas Sorensen

I hope you're well today and thank you for suggesting it!

Currently that's not possible yet but I it is something our developers already have no future improvements list. They are looking into an option to give an ability to group fields and then move/clone these groups within the same form as well as between multiple forms. Although I'm not able to give you any estimation on when this could show up in the plugin, I can confirm it's on the list so I hope that's a good news anyway :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Thomas Sorensen

On another quick note, please be advised that when working in complex forms with many fields and rules, it is made extra difficult to work with Forminator, as it jumps all over the place when duplicating and again when you start to reorder. Please see short video as example.

In this example im trying to duplicate 4 upload fields to what would should have been a "Grouped section" (I have to do this 10 times x 4 = 40 times) and form is jumping all over the place. Possibly will be fixed upon update of grouping / cloning functionality, but for now, its really tough to work with.

Hope this helps you improve what could be an amazing plugin :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Thomas Sorensen

Thanks for this additional feedback!

I'm not sure if you tried to upload a video here (that, I'm afraid, wouldn't work) or just link to it but apparently it didn't come through.

May I ask you to upload the video to your site or some external platform and share a link to it here? I'd like to test the issue but it would help me to see exactly what you mean :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Thomas Sorensen

I will share the video with you when i get a moment. In the mean time, just another piece of info which hopefully can be updated. Upon submission of long forms we receive notification via email. But as the sections and checkboxes doe not "take on the name" given to them, we just end up with a huge long puzzle that requires we check the submission against the original form to figure out to which input fields the answers belong. This...with all due respect is pretty critical. See screenshot.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Thomas Sorensen

Thanks for response and I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.

As for these fields. Yes, that clearly makes that notification quite "messed up" with long forms but I'm thinking that maybe I'm missing something here, in this specific case. Can I ask you for a bit more help so I could test it (apart from the video, if possible)?

There's an option to export form so could you export this specific form and share it with me? I tested this with my own forms but I'd like to try "a live example" (but I'd rather not mess with the form on your site and I want to also test some changes in it) so I'd just import it then to my local test site to "play with it" a bit and get a better picture.

To share the form, please put the export data in a txt file and try to attach to the response. If it doesn't go through, please put it on Google Drive, Dropbox or similar platform and share download link with me.

Thank you in advance!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.