Is it possible to create an Android or IOS App that links to WPcourseware

I want to use the WPMUDEV Android and IOS plugins to create an App that delivers on line courses that have been developed using the WPcourseware plugin.

Is this feasible?
How much customisation is required?
Are there potentially a better solutions?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @James

Hope your well today and thanks for your question.

A lot of customization would be required for this, as it stands the apps are primarily designed for managing a site from, rather than content.

Whereas the app you would like to create, sounds primarily content based, we are currently looking into content based apps, I don't have much info on that right now, but it's something we're looking at :slight_smile:

But as it stands, I'd say that it'd require too much customization, as basically the current app would need to be re-written.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi James,

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

The current apps are meant for managing the site from the admin side of things, though front-end content can also be accessed.

If I remember correctly, wpcourseware uses the front-end? :slight_smile:

So in that case, it wouldn't be over suitable due to the extreme customizations needed.

Would it be easier if I create a html5 compliant website (that incorporates the training) then we point the Android or IOS app at that site.

That sound like a good plan actually and would be a good idea :slight_smile:

But it would still need to work from the admin-side (for the app).

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.