Is it possible to customize how the blog posts display?

Is it possible to customize how the blog posts display? I am setting up a news blog and I'd like the posts to be set up similar to the attached image. Please let me know if this is possible with your themes or too advanced. Thanks!

• Nastia

Hello @Darryl, I hope you are well today!

Yes, this is possible, but I'am afraid this may require a little bit more advance development.

Just want to make sure, the blog posts on the side,is it a widget? This will be a lot easier if you will use a widget to show blog post on the side and on the bottom of the page.

If we can be of any further assistance, please, let us know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Darryl

Hi Nastia,

I think I may have found a way to do this but I am unsure how to have it automated. Basically I am using the drag drop option for posts and creating the layout I want. I am using the taxonomy option and selected "freshest post" for each listing. However, there is no option for 2nd freshest or 3rd freshest post so I have to manually select the post I want to display. If there were options, I would have everything I need.

Can you advise on how to accomplish this? If there's no way around it, what is an alternative method?

• Sajid

Hi @Darryl,

Hope you are doing good today

Currently, with drag and drop you can not make it automatic I am afraid unless you create a new element to do so. That is a complex job specially without having developer docs (we are working on API documentation for Upfront).

But you can do it with CSS using first and nth-child pseudo code. Or by using the CSS ID selector of first, second and third post.

Here is a live example of this layout achieved with CSS only, you can get some help from here that looks similar to your layout.
    http://www.bbc.com/

If you can post the URL of your site , then I can also try to suggest you CSS code too.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J