is it possible to do some split testing with pop overs?

Hello. I created my first Popover and really like how easy it was to do. My client has asked a number of questions about rules not mentioned in the list.

One of the things he'd like for me to do is to run some split tests with our popovers. Now, I realize that I can have several popovers running, but I'd like to do it on the same page that we are directing people to.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for Wordpress Support!

I'm glad to hear that you like our plugin! For your question, you might want to look at our plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ab-theme-testing/

which is theme related, but perhaps you could create child themes with altered functionality. Or a more straightforward approach would be to try:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/landing-pages/

This plugin looks to do what you want, but I haven't tried it myself.

Cheers,
    Paul

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bbrelsford,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• bbrelsford
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

Thanks for checking back. I realized from Paul's post that a/b testing was not available with the Pop Up! plugin. As we want to test the plugin, the theme tests wouldn't apply and I'm not sure how creating landing pages for testing would help either.

We want this particular popover to display on a series of pages. Those who click it will be directed to a landing page. We just wanted to be able to test various versions of the popover as we don't know which pages someone will land on when visiting our site.

It will not show on the home page or on the landing page but will show on all inside pages. Once someone has seen the popover twice, they won't see it again. We were trying to increase the likely hood of someone taking advantage of the offer.

I learned through a series of tests that the popover show twice per browser view not by ip address and that it has issues with IE (but that is another topic)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bbrelsford,

It certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.