Is it possible to email members by subscription level through WP-CRM

Two questions:

1) Is it possible to have members' subscription level added as a possible WP-CRM field? I need to be able to email members by subscription level. We have upgraded to WP-CRM pro through Usability Dynamics, but it looks like they can only work with the data fields that WP-CRM has access to.

2) Question two- a number of our imported members are unable to edit their profile or access any of the member content in spite of the permissions being set the same as everyone else's. I've reset their permissions, compared profiles, there's nothing I can spot that is different from those who have access vs. the handful who do not. Thoughts/suggestions? Is the best solution to have them sign up again with a new profile?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @BCIA,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

1: Yes, e-Newsletter is another of our plugins here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/ :slight_smile: It integrates with membership to allow you to send different newsletter based on their membership level, that kind of export would currently require a database query I'm afraid, though I can add that as a feature request :slight_smile:

2: Thanks, there may either be data corruption or they may not have all user meta details, can you send me the username and password of one of the effected accounts please to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• BCIA

Hi Jack, thanks for your help- sent you the info requested the other day. A few other issues we are having:

1) I tried to install the e-newsletter plugin. When I try to do it from the wpmu dev site (install now) it says I do not have permission to do this, and when I search for it through the plugins in our site dashboard it doesn't show up as an option at all. Any suggestions?

2) This is a separate question so I will start a new ticket if required. I am unable to scroll through the membership list (ie. I can see that there are 19 pages of members but I can only see the first page of them, therefore am unable to access or filter my full member list). A read through the forums suggested that upgrading to wordpress 3.8 would solve this, which we have done. The issue is not resolved. Thoughts?

Many thanks,
    Linnea

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Linnea,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay on this.

For #2, I have just logged in and checked this with the member having issues, and it seems to allow me to edit the profile (screenshot attached), does it allow them to access that page?

For the e-newsletter install issue, does it allow you to download from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/ (click, no thanks, download directly).

For the membership list issue, that should be resolved in the latest beta here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/authorizenet-gateway-beta-release#post-628743 :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• BCIA

Thanks for this Jack.

Whatever the latest updates were, it does seem to have resolved the member issue! I'll do a member call out and make sure it is working for everyone.

Just tried downloading the e-newsletter directly and it did not allow that either unfortunately. (So I can't download, install directly, or search it from the plugins from our dashboard). One issue may be that I don't hold the original installation files on my computer- our developer set us up, but I would like to figure out how to install this one directly onto our site if possible.

Member list- we just updated to the last stable version of membership, wordpress and the rest of our plugins and it does not seem to have made a difference. I would prefer not to tackle the beta program at this point if there are still bugs being worked out, I really can't afford to introduce further issues that need troubleshooting at this point! Any other suggestions? It's less of an issue if I can get the e-newsletter working properly, but at this point I'm really stuck in that I can't access my member data by subscription level in any format, so I can't even really manually play with the data to email them. It's definitely a problem.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @BCIA,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

The Membership issue, we have now released the working version of 3.5.0.1 which should be available on the update, this has fixed a lot of bugs with the older version, which can been seen in the changelog.

Could you define WP_DEBUG to true please in your wp-config.php and see if that outputs anything please?

For the download issue, could you send our accounts/billing team an email via our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and let them know, they may require your username and password to check, but don't include that in the initial email :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.