Is it possible to get the Status plugin to display on the dashboard when the Reader plugin is active

I've been experimenting with the Status, Reader and the Easy Blogging plugins over the last few weeks in an attempt to turn the dashboard into a "nicer" environment for members on a multisite/BuddyPress installation, and I'm running into a few walls.

First, all three of these plugins are excellent, and do exactly what they say they do... when you deploy them individually. When you try to use them in combination, they tend to block each others features.

For example:

I like the Reader plugin a lot. It's great to be able to follow other members and it does an excellent job of changing the functionality of the Dashboard. BUT... I also really like the Status plugin, but if I set the Reader plugin to display "in place of" the dashboard, the Status plugin will not display in the dashboard.

The Reader plugin also gets stepped on if you try to use it with the the Easy Blogging plugin. When you activate both of these plugins together, the Easy Blogging plugin shuts down the Reader display of who you are following.

So is it possible to get the Status plugin to display in the dashboard when the Reader plugin is set to display in place of the dashboard, and how to I keep the "following" data in the Reader display if I want to use the Easy Blogging plugin?

I know it doesn't work out of the box like this, so I guess I'm asking for some plugin changes... or the work-around that can make these three plugins work together. The three of them together would give us really excellent control over what our members admin panel looks like. If possible, then you would certainly have something even closer to the Tubmlr model.

I thank you in advance for any input and direction you can lend here. File it under "it would be nice"

Regards,

Rory

Ash

Hello @Rory

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Well, when you want to show Readers data in stead of Dashboard, the it is not possible to show Status in that page. As whole dashboard is replaced by the reader's data.

But integration of status of Easy blogging is possible. You need to enable "Dashboard widgets setup" add on from Easy Blogging > Add on. Then go to Easy Blogging > Dashboard items and select status widget.

Showing readers widget in easy blogging would be a pretty good feature request, I am marking this as a requested feature.

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash