Is it possible to have an image instead of just a word link in a social theme with buddypress for th

hello,

I'm trying to see if anyone has successfully been able to modify the user menu with an image icons instead of just a hyperlinked word? See image below. I just feel like I have this void in the upper header that could look way better if i could add images for the menu function verses just the boxed look. i.e. so instead of the word "friends" i could instead display an image icon of two people for example. thanks

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi there,

What you could do is identify the css being applied to that menu using firefox + firebug or chrome's inspect element feature, then create a new class for it and edit the page template and modify the css and div id to match your requirements.

Cheers!

Tom

• Chuckedog
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hi tom,

i'm a newbie and honestly lost you on this. I do have Firebug on Firefox but was unable to identify anything that you had mentioned?? I've made simple cosmetic changes in files using firebug. Can you dumb it down a little bit more for me please. thanks

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @Chuckedog

Ok try using chrome, i find it much more user friendly for this type of work.

Right click the element on the page you wish to examine then select view element.

In the panel below you will see the html on the left and in the right had side panel you will see the css related to it and also the css file that it uses for styling.

What you could do is create a custom rule for that by either editing the php files that generate that part of the page and giving the div a new class, or edit the css and change the styling there. (for example adding an image as a back ground then styling the text over the top etc.)

Cheers

Tom

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven't heard back, I'm hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.