Is it possible to have colour variations displayed on the products page?

Is it possible to have colour variations displayed on the products page with images in the variation selection?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi David,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

We have already escalated this query to Second Level Support(SLS) to see whether there is any quick workaround regarding this.

Please do note that if we find it's something which's complex and would require a lot of custom changes, we might direct you to custom development.

SLS team has a slow response time due to many complex tasks, we'll keep you posted once we get further feedback regarding this asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi David,

I hope you're well today!

This feature is not included with the plugin and requires some custom coding. It requires a serious amount of coding so I would recommend to hire a developer. Our members have a discount on Codeable and you can get your discount in our Partners page :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/#wpmud-hg-discounts-services

However I went ahead and prepared a custom plugin that you, or your dev, can use as a guide. You can download the zip and install as plugin. Once plugin is installed and activate you can go to Store Settings -> Product Attributes, edit the Color attribute where you should see a new feature where you can set the images.

First try this plugin out in a Staging or Local site and before installing on Live site please make sure to have a COMPLETE and UPDATED BACKUP of the site.

Kind regards,
    Tho Bui

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tho,

Thanks so much for looking into this and creating a custom plugin to try. I really appreciate it.

It does show the colour variations on the product page when I installed and activated the custom plugin. Unfortunately it seems to conflict with and change the description tab, and there are two boxes to enter in the quantity of items.

Also when I went back to the product attribute settings page the images I saved for the colour variations in the new section seem to switch to other colours.

Any ideas on how I would fix these minor defects?

Again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Regards,
    David

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tho,

Thanks so much for looking into this and creating a custom plugin to try. I really appreciate it.

It does show the colour variations on the product page when I installed and activated the custom plugin. Unfortunately it seems to conflict with and change the description tab, and there are two boxes to enter in the quantity of items.

Also when I went back to the product attribute settings page the images I saved for the colour variations in the new section seem to switch to other colours.

Any ideas on how I would fix these minor defects?

Again, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Regards,
    David

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tho,

Thanks for the quick reply. The new custom plugin works perfect on the product page, thanks so much for your help, brilliant.

One thing I did notice and is only a minor detail is when I go to the main products page and click on choose options for the product 'Gel Polish Nude lipstick Pink 029', on the popup box it doesn't allow me to select a colour to add to cart. Other than that it seems to work just fine.

Thanks again for your help, stellar support :slight_smile:

David

• David
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tho,

That has fixed it, brilliant. Thanks for your help on this, much appreciated.

Sorry for asking you another question but I think this is the last one.

On the Product attributes settings page where I select an image for each colour variation, is there a way to list these vertically (below one another)?

My client has over 100 different colour variations to add in and it looks like the 'Select Image' buttons are getting squashed together.

Thanks so much,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.