Is it possible to have custom appointment times?

My client has requested the following appointment times:

7:48
8:13
8:33
8:48
9:03
9:18
9:33
9:48
10:03

You can see how I've got it set up here:
http://projech.ca/extratech/home/book-an-appointment/

Is it possible to set it to these times? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

Welcome to the forum.

Those are very specific times. You'd need to set the time base to 15 minutes, but as you have found, this would only give you start times of on xx:00, xx:15, xx:30 etc.

We might be able to adjust this with a bit of custom code which will add 3 minutes onto the start times. I'm going to ask one of our developers @Jose to see if he can look into this for you, hopefully he should respond shortly.

Thanks

• Jose

Hey @Chris,

Hope you are having a good day!

Could you please clarify if the service duration is always 15 minutes?
    According to your settings, all the service duration is 15 minutes, but according to the times you mention above, there are variations:
    7:48 - 8:13 = 25 minutes
    8:13 - 8:33 = 20 minutes
    9:03 - 9:18 = 15 minutes

Should I take this as 15 minutes duration + X minutes of padding? or there are actually variations in the appointment duration?

Please advise,
    Thanks!

• Chris

Hi thanks for your reply. I'm just waiting on the client to get back to me about the appointment times. I'm guessing the first two are incorrect and it is supposed to be 15 min intervals.

On another note, I've just added in all their services and now the book an appointment calendar is only showing:

7:45 am (available)
    9:15 am (not available)
    10:45 am (not available)

I can't figure out what happened here. It should be showing all the times I've listed in my original post.

Please help.

• Chris

And my last final request. The client asked to limit appointments to 12/day. Is that possible to set in the plugin?

Also, Is it possible to set capacity for services per/day, as opposed to at the same time? For example

Oil, Lube, Filter (Capacity = 4/Day)
    Vehicle Diagnostic’s (Capacity = 4/Day)
    Complete Vehicle Inspection (Capacity = 3/Day)
    Vehicle Fluid Services (Capacity = 5/Day)
    Diesel Fuel System Service and Repair (Capacity = 2/Day)
    4 Wheel Alignment (Capacity = 4/Day)
    Mechanical Repairs (Capacity = 4/Day)
    Electrical System Repairs (Capacity = 1/Day)
    Out of Province Inspections (Capacity = 1/Day)
    Custom/Other (Capacity = 2/Day)

Thank you for your help

• Jose

@Chris,

Just to be sure that we are on the same page:

- You want to limit the amount of appointments per day, specific to each service.
    - At the same time, you want an overall limit no matter the service.
    i,e. If the limit is 12 per day, and there are 3 appointments scheduled for the first 4 services, the day should be blocked entirely for all the services.

Please confirm if I understood the requirement correctly. If so, the answer is that there is no out-of-the-box feature for that, but I'll look into the code and back to you with a solution.

Thanks

• Jose

@Chris,

I changed a couple of things in your settings:

- I activated the Durations add-on. This allows to change the calculus method in the general settings to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus". It means that the min time base will be used as the interval between each cell - 15 minutes in this case-.

- I changed the working hours for the Monday as an example. This is because you need to include the service duration into this value. For instance: if you want to accept appointments until 10:00am, and the service duration is 1 hour, then you will need to set 11:00am as the working hours end.
    Take a look on this and adjust properly.

Finally, I attached a code customization that I made for you. It will add the 3 minutes offset to match the desired values. You need to put this file into the folder:
    ../wp-content/mu-plugins/
    It is a "must-use" plugin, so you don't need to activate or configure anything.

Regarding the capacity limits that you mentioned above, It requires a good amount of custom code. If you believe that it worth it, I can give you some tips on where to start with the changes. Maybe you would prefer to hire a developer for this if you don't feel comfortable with the code side.

Please let me know if the others settings works for you.

Cheers!

• Chris

Hi Jose, amazing support, thank you!

I added [appointments-customization.php] to the location you mentioned and it worked perfectly.

If you look at the calendar now, Monday is set up correctly as it includes 10:03 am as an available appointment time. How do I get Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri to look exactly like Mon?

Since duration of appointments are not reverent to this particular setup, I changed all the service durations to 15 min.

And since Service Capacity is also not relevant to this setup I changed them all to 12.

That being said, can I hire you to make the capacity/day customizations that I mentioned in the previous comment/post? If so, can you provide me an with an estimate?

Thanks again for your amazing support!

Chris

• Chris

Hi Jose, so sorry about this. The owner of the shop and the scheduler have been giving me different info. The scheduler just got back to me and provided the exact booking times.

7:48
    8:18
    8:33
    8:48
    9:03
    9:18
    9:33
    9:48
    10:03
    10:18
    10:33
    10:48
    11:03
    11:18
    11:33

As you can see there is a gap between 7:48 - 8:18 as they have a daily meeting from 8:00 am to 8:10 am.

I'm guessing that would be a customization that I would have to pay for. Is that something you can do?

If you are available for hire, can you include that into the estimate along with the capacity/day requirements that we talked about?

Thanks again!

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

Glad that @Jose was able to help with the initial issue.

Unfortunately, we don't do any kind of custom work here at dev, the only thing I can do is add this to the feature requests for the developer to look at including in a future release if it's a popular request.

If you need this done urgently, we do have a jobs board where you could advertise for a developer. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps

• Jose

Hi @pxwm,

Your input is always welcome!

All the information that you are asking for is in the thread. But, to be honest I'm a bit confused.

@Chris,
    As @Vaughan mentioned above, we can not be hired.

Anyway, for the meeting break you can try by setting the break in the working hours options, but I must say that the last information is quite confusing for me:

As you can see there is a gap between 7:48 - 8:18 as they have a daily meeting from 8:00 am to 8:10 am.

This means that you have a 12 minutes slot from 7:48 to 8:00, 10 minutes daily meeting, and then another slot of 8 minutes duration from 8:10 to 8:18.
    My solution above was intended for 15 minutes duration appointments. All being the same duration.

My advice here would be to double check everything with your client, since you can spent a lot of time doing such customization, and the timeframe provided is more than weird. This is the first time I see an schedule with that level of precision.

That said, please let us know if you have specific question with regard to the customization.

Cheers!
    JJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.