Is it possible to integrate Membership with aWeber?

Hello,

Is there any way to integrate Membership with aWeber to automatically sign up the members to my Autoresponder list when they register for a member account?

If not, is it possible to integrate Membership with any other autoresponder service line Mailchimp or GetResponse?

Thanks,
Luciano

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Luciano,

Thank you for the great question.

This is not integrated to the best of my knowledge due to Membership has its own communications module built in.

In addition, because each and every registrant is added to the users of your WordPress network you can use a plugin like the e-Newsletter plugin to communicate with them at will.

However, I will go ahead and submit this ticket to feature requests for the consideration of being able to add external responder integration to the membership signup process.

Other then that I have no way to further assist then the suggestions I have already made.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• bootyquake
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I would really appreciate this functionality too. I want to be able to email the people that purchase a membership, to be able to notify them of future products. Easier for me to do that using the aweber framework that I'm already set up with.

Thanks!!

• bootyquake

Hi aecnu -
    Is there any update on whether or not WPMU might consider integrating aweber anytime soon?

I have found the communications module within Membership to be very limiting. Haven't tried Newsletter yet, and I may do so, but my aweber setup is already up and running and of course offers a whole slate of features and analysis that I am already tracking etc.

Thanks,
    Carla

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Carla,

Thank you for asking and indeed I do not know if this particular item is being considered for development or not.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• embod

Hey Barry,

Yes I've looked into that. It seems you have to develop an app using the API as there does not seem to be any other way to get you api key ect. :slight_frown:

One thing I have done successfully is use the email parser and have the admin notification of new user email into my Aweber list email address and they have been successfully added to the list, however this is not very useful as it will send in anyone who registered and I think most of us need to add only the paid members into a certain email list.

Is there any plugins around that might be a work around? It would be some kind of function where you can specify an email address to send a paid users details to....

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I haven't had a serious look at aweber to be honest, I will do though.

One thing I have done successfully is use the email parser and have the admin notification of new user email into my Aweber list email address and they have been successfully added to the list, however this is not very useful as it will send in anyone who registered and I think most of us need to add only the paid members into a certain email list.

It's a hack, and i haven't thought it through properly, but a self hosted ping receiver that sends the email to aweber could be hit by the membership ping when a user subscribes.

I'll take a good look at the aweber api and system as I'll be starting up a beta thread for the next version of membership soon and can build / test implementation in them.

• bootyquake

Hello all,
    I'm still trying to figure out how to do this. I am now really in need of some automation on this front, and will have to leave WPMU for other membership software if I can't figure it out.

I notice that Paypal and aweber are set up to talk to each other. Paypal will send a subscription email to a given aweber list when someone buys a given product. Is there a way to understand what "product" Membership sells via the payment integration in order to tell Paypal to use that one to send to aweber?

That was probably written very confusingly...

I have noticed several posts over the years requesting integration with Aweber. It seems as though this will never happen despite cheerful posts by the moderators saying "i'll see what we can do!" over and over. It would be great to get some help with a hack.

• bootyquake

we did not get enough votes on this feature.

Ah I see... I didn't realize this was being done by show of hands. Did you request people to "vote?"

Aweber has a huge market share in the email management world. This should be a no-brainer.

My current hack, for other non-programmers like me trying to make this work:
    - Set up a Mailchimp list and set up the pings in Membership.
    - Set up a Zapier process (www.zapier.com) so that when someone signs up to List "Hack" on Mailchimp, they are automatically added to list "Hack" on Aweber. As long as your volume isn't too high, you can use this service for free.
    - Try to purge your mailchimp list periodically so that you can stay at the free level and not have to pay for 2 services.

• wpmudev75
    • The Incredible Code Injector

+1 for aWeber integration.

The newsletter plugin is excellent although it does not provide me the functionality that aWeber provides in that aWeber has trusted servers worldwide and keeps up to date on all email marketing practices to ensure my emails are all aligned with current legals.

I am looking myself now to see if I can figure out the aWeber API ...although I am not a coding genius and this means it won't happen fast or soon.

Here is the API page : https://labs.aweber.com/docs/authentication for any super geniuses out there that can figure out how we go about pinging aWeber for specific list subscribes and unsubscribes.

I would LOVE aWeber integration to work with Member as this would complete the puzzle of a full professional site suite for customers.

Thanks
    Chris

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Chris & everybody else :slight_smile:

The Membership plugin is currently undergoing a major rewrite. The new release will include a whole boatload of new features as well as a much-streamlined UX.

Keep this thread alive for the Aweber integration. It just makes a whole lotta sense. ::slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
      • Chief Pigeon

There is never a date, we just don't commit because if we miss it then members shout at us.

In fact some shout at us now when it takes a while. :'-(

I can tell you that it is being coded up right now and we have a couple of developers working on this. It took a month or two to spec this all out (assessing the complications of the current version) and having our UI/UX and design guys draw it up.

So now it's in the hands of the coders :slight_smile:

As for a list of updates/features, we have another developer who is working on our status board. This will be an area you can see feature requests, popularity and their proposed version number for inclusion. It won't give a date, but it should give you a better rough idea. :slight_smile:

Take care Chris! :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Yemoonyah
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

just to be clear, i wasn't talking about Protected Content but Membership Pro :wink:

Is it on that feature list as well? And if so, is just a request or is it definitely going to be included?

I just searched for "Membership Aweber" and there were 10474 results.

So there is definitely demand for this!

thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Yemoonyah, I hope you're well today!

just to be clear, i wasn't talking about Protected Content but Membership Pro :wink:
    Is it on that feature list as well? And if so, is just a request or is it definitely going to be included?

Yes, that's on the feature list as well. :slight_smile:

I just searched for "Membership Aweber" and there were 10474 results.
    So there is definitely demand for this!

Actually when you search for "Membership Aweber" you don't get results that contain both words but instead results that contain at least one of these 2 words. So 10474 is the number of TOTAL Membership threads, plus a few threads that happen to mention aweber.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.