Is it possible to make weekly recurring event selection Mon-Sun instead of Sun-Sat?

I know it's not a big thing, and certainly in parts of the world, Sunday > Saturday is the way they see the calendar, but in the UK and USA, the standard view is Monday > Sunday.

When you create a recurring event and choose weekly, the check boxes for the days of the week are arranged Sunday > Saturday.

It would be nice if either it defaulted to a Monday > Sunday order or if it were one of the settings we could change.

Thanks,

Alex

• PC

Hey Alex,

I tried to messup with the code in the events-and-bookings.php file in the code below

// ... Week
    		if (in_array(Eab_EventModel::RECURRANCE_WEEKLY, array_keys($supported_intervals))) {
    			$style = $event->is_recurring(Eab_EventModel::RECURRANCE_WEEKLY) ? '' : 'style="display:none"';
    			$content .= '<div class="eab_event_recurrence_mode" id="eab_event-repeat_interval-' . Eab_EventModel::RECURRANCE_WEEKLY . '" ' . $style . '>';
    			$tmp = strtotime("this Sunday");
    			for ($i=0; $i<=6; $i++) {
    				$checked = (is_array($parts['weekday']) && in_array($i, $parts['weekday'])) ? 'checked="checked"' : '';
    				$content .= "<input type='checkbox' name='eab_repeat[weekday][]' id='' value='{$i}' {$checked} /> ";
    				$content .= "<label for=''>" . date("D", $tmp) . '</label><br />';
    				$tmp += 86400;
    			}
    			$content .= __('At', self::TEXT_DOMAIN) . ' <input type="text" size="5" name="eab_repeat[time]" id="" value="' . $parts["time"] . '" /> <small>HH:mm</small>'; // Time
    			$content .= '</div>';
    		}

Messing up with it managed to show the Week start from Monday in the backend but the events were posted as if it were the same as before. So I am sure I missed something here.

I have tagged our lead developer @Vladislav here to see if that is something which can easily be added as a feature in future releases.

He will be here sooner than later.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav

Hello,

Coming from a Monday-based start of the week locale myself, I understand and can relate to the issue. The issue should be fixed in the upcoming release and in the meanwhile, I'm attaching a functional Beta with this fix patched in. Can you please give it a go and see if it helps? The starting point for listed weekdays will be dependent on your Start of the Week setting (in Settings > General).

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC