Is it possible to package a site as an upfront theme for ease of transfer?

Hi there,

Is it possible to convert an existing site and all its media, posts and pages into an upfront builder theme so that it can be exported and then imported into a new site as a theme?

Thanks Mark.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mark,

I’m afraid this is not possible out of the box. I don’t see also any plugin that would be able to create such pack (except of course a Snapshot, where you can create backup of media files, themes and database tables and then restore in on another site).

But if you don’t want to use backup plugin for that then I don’t see another way but to write custom solution to that.

In Builder you can create theme with templates for pages, templates for posts and insert images to those, but then only this can be downloaded with theme and move to another site.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Jerry Hepperle
    • The Incredible Code Injector

are you trying to do something like what they (WPMU DEV) have done with their starter themes? (https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/) but your content?

Because that is OBVIOUSLY possible and has been done. I don’t know how they did it, but if that is the case. the next step is to figure out how it was done for the starter themes.

if that isn’t your intent. then I guess the search continues.

• Jenni McKinnon
    • Recruit

Hey,

An option is to use the Cloner plugin to clone the site with the Upfront theme you want to copy to a new site, though, it only works with Multisite networks.

That’s what I do for one of my sites. I created a theme in Builder, then forgot and finished it in the regular Upfront editor. Oops! Hahaha.

Hope this is useful to you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jenni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.