Is it possible to pick and choose the methods which users login to the site to RSVP?

By default in the settings, you can either have users RSVP by registering for your site, or you can offer them the ability to sign in using Facebook, Twitter, and Google.

What if I’d like to ONLY allow Facebook sign in? How do I turn off the rest?

• timstrifler
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yeah I guess I need to clarify. I would never only offer Facebook to login. It would be in addition to the WordPress. I want to be able to offer Facebook and WordPress login without offering Twitter and Google. Although some people don’t have a facebook, most people do. And the WordPress login would be for anyone that doesn’t have facebook or chooses to not use the facebook login.

So I guess my question is, what code do I need to edit to offer facebook and wordpress without offering Twitter and Google?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to use Twitter and Google?

In order to disable Twitter and Google, you’d need to modify the plugin code directly, which we do not recommend as when the plugin updates, your changes would go away.

I’ll flag this as a feature request and see if we can get them broken up into different checkboxes so you can pick and choose which services to add or not add.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

At present, this is not possible without editing the plugin code, as Brian already said. However, if you’re comfortable changing it yourself, the proper place to do so is in “js/eab-api.js” file. The login buttons are dynamically added with javascript, and the actual elements are added in the lines ~144-152 – just removing the services you don’t want from the list should be sufficient.

• timstrifler
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you both for your input.

@brian Purkiss that would definitely be a great feature to add the way you described. You make a good point about updating the plugin if I were to modify the code directly. I think it might be worth it though. To answer your question, the reason is to make it more user friendly. Although multiple options may be convenient to those who are tech-savvy. I feel it may be a little overwhelming and confusing to those who aren’t. So my goal is to simplify things by only offering Facebook and WordPress login.

@vladislav, thanks for identifying the code for me. I believe I do feel comfortable enough to edit it. I’ll give it a try and reopen this thread if necessary.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.