Is it possible to place a paywall based on "age" of article/post?

I'm looking for a way to place a paywall based on how old an article is, such that visitors to a blog must pay for access to older content, e.g. access to archives. I don't want to manually assign archive status to each article that turns "2 weeks old", for instance; I want those articles to automatically become "archived". Can Membership 2 Pro be used to do this, or is there another plugin or plugin combination that would achieve this goal?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @xbladerunner,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently, this is not supported "out of the box" but I think it should be possible with a bit of custom code and Membership 2 Pro shortcodes.

The workflow could be like this:

- custom code would hook for example to "the_content" WP filter
    - check post date and compare it against some option set in WP
    - if set conditions are met, apply selected membership (via shortcode) to the content

If you feel like coding it yourself (or you have a developer at hand) I'll be glad to serve you with any advice and tips you need on this. I'll also ask our developers if they could help us with this, however please note that I'm not able to give you any ETA on their response.

In case you need it urgently, you may want to post a question at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

That said, please keep an eye on this thread for further information!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.