Is it possible to prompt users to checkout after adding an item to their cart?

Right now, when a user adds an item to the cart it just says "Item(s) Added!". Is it possible to add a link or popup to the shopping cart after this action?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aeris,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question but there is not enough information supplied letting me know what you want to do so that I may offer some definitive advice/advise on how to proceed.

Is it possible to add a link or popup to the shopping cart after this action?

To what end please? Right now it adds the item to the cart - cool - but what do you want to happen next?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aeris
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

Currently, when an item is added to the cart there is text that appears and acknowledges an item or items were added. Then this text disappears and the "Add to Cart" button reappears. We would like for there to be perhaps a link or lightbox-type popup appear that directs the user to the cart to checkout instead. Is this possible?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings aeris,

Thank you for the clarification which is indeed greatly appreciated and clear of what you want to accomplish :slight_smile: Thank you for that.

We would like for there to be perhaps a link or lightbox-type popup appear that directs the user to the cart to checkout instead. Is this possible?

I do not think it is possible without some heavy custom coding but before I go and stick my foot in my mouth once again.

With that said I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

First make sure you have the shopping cart widget in your sidebar so it's easy for them to checkout.

Also, it sounds like for your needs you might want to change the listing settings to use "buy now" buttons, those should take the user to the cart instead of using AJAX.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.