IS IT POSSIBLE TO UNLOCK CONTENT BY ENDING AUDIO OR VIDEO

Let me explain..

I have a member area, members are introduced to a course. Right now I have day 1 through day 7.

I am trying to find or build a solution that when the new member listens to content and finishes listening or viewing a video.. an email will be sent telling the new member that day 2 will be available soon. Or that 2 day is now available.. so this is all based on a users action.

So ideally day 2 page is now unlocked based on the users previous action.. Is this possible with any wordpress plugins out there?

any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

EJ

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello EJ, I hope all is well!

By default, the CoursePress Pro can send the "Course Unit Started E-mail" notification. You can find settings for this notification email in CoursePress Pro > Settings > E-mail Settings.

The email is sent once a unit is started.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,

Nastia

• ME Admin
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for responding Nastia. And my apologies for not being more clear.

I am not using coursepress pro in anyway. What I have now is this..

The user logs in.. the user currently sees day 1 through 7 on a page I have.. there are links here that when clicked a video pops up in POPUP Pro. What I need is that when the user either

A.) finishes watching the video, they are redirected to a page of my choice

B.) if the user closes the popup they are redirected to a page of my choice

Ideally the page they are redirected to will auto play audio for the user listen to with a timer on the page.

Im not sure how to tell the popup that once closed redirect to x or how to get the redirect to happen when a video or audio ends.

Hope this makes sense..

thanks

EJ

• ME Admin
    • The Crimson Coder

and also need the user to complete day 1 before they can access day 2

The flow looks like this

User watches video in popup on day1

User clicks close button after they have watched video

User is redirected to page where audio will play once they hit play

After audio is complete or user closes overlay page, user then can access day 2 audio and videos

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello ME Admin,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I got what you are looking for, but I never come across any plugin that does exactly what you described above.

However, if I got you right, then you are looking for dripped content membership to give access to content periodically. Membership 2 Pro plugin does have dripped content membership functionality out of the box.

It does not have the flow you are looking for though. But this gives you a very good starting point. Later on you can extend it according to your requirements (membership 2 is developer friendly) by messing with code (if you can do so) or hiring an independent developer from jobs board.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.