Is it possible to use the Membership plugin to limit search results?

My question is pretty much what the title asks.... can I limit search results based on Membership level? I am finding that some of my non "executive" users can get access to at least partial content that should be exclusive to my "executive" users by being able to read excerpts in search results. Clicking on the link to go to the result is still blocked, but sometimes, the post is short enough that they can read the whole thing without needing to go to the post itself, and I would really like to limit that without having to manage yet another site in my network. (Of course, even then I might still run in to the same problem using the Global Site Search plugin - which I do.) Any ideas, workarounds, help, or submissions of this as a feature request to the dev would be greatly appreciated.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @nncoin

I hope you are well today, currently this is not possible, however this would make a very useful addition to the plugin, I'll put in a feature request for you.

In the mean time, you could disable your theme from showing excerpts and pehaps something like this for your search and not index certain results? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @nncoin

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay, I missed your last reply.

Relevanssi should work just fine alongside the WPMU Global Site search plugin. Though you may just want to use Relevanssi depending on your use case.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and sorry again about the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• nncoin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So, I've been trying to use the "Exclude these categories and tags from search" option in Relevanssi to exclude the categories that should only be available for our most privileged users from search results... except they keep showing up. In fact, I can't seem to block anything from the search results. (I'm still using WPMU Global Site Search, which is why I'm posting further in this thread rather than contacting the Relevanssi devs.) Is there something I should be doing differently?

Similarly, I tried to shut off Relevanssi's custom excerpt display to maybe at least hide the excerpts being shown in the search results, and that didn't seem to do anything. And, creating a custom excerpt for a post is not what's shown in the search results, unlike the normal post listings.

It kind of feels like Relevanssi is being ignored by Global Site Search.... But maybe I'm missing something? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.