Is it possible to use WPMUDEV as part of a maintenance plan for my clients

Hi,

Im looking to use WPMUDEV as a management tool for use with a maintenance plan for my clients. I will be taking advantage of the client reports and backups but wondered if there is a way to hide the plugins WPMUDEV install on wordpress on the clients site and also would it be possible to logout of the WPMUDEV on the clients websites without loosing too much functionality.

• Ash

Hello Web Evolution UK

Some of our services need WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin active on the member site to keep the connection live. For WP Smush Pro (without dashboard plugin it will act as free version), hub services, seo crawl, performance report, managed backup on snapshot, video tutorials etc. As a result, if you disable dev dashboard plugin, these services won't be available for that site.

However, you can hide the plugin from the plugin list using some custom code. To make the plugins invisible from the plugins list, you can use this code:

function mytest() {
    global $wp_list_table;
    $hidearr = array();
    $hidearr[] = 'NKS-subscription/main.php';
    $hidearr[] = 'hide_my_wp/hide-my-wp.php';
    $hidearr[] = 'testimonials-showcase/ttshowcase.php';
    $myplugins = $wp_list_table->items;
    foreach ($myplugins as $key => $val) {
    if (in_array($key,$hidearr)) {
    unset($wp_list_table->items[$key]);
    }
    }
    }
    add_action( 'pre_current_active_plugins', 'mytest' );

You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

Here in $hidearr array I have put the plugins I want to hide. So, you have to reorganize the array with the plugins from your list you want to hide.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Ash

Hello Web Evolution UK

None of your client can do anything with your WPMU DEV account unless you share the password with them.

You have a totally different username and password for WPMU DEV account. When you install the dashboard plugin, it connects that site with our server with your API key but your access information is not shared, neither it is stored in the client site database. So, no one but you can make changes to your WPMU DEV account :slight_smile: Even, they can't access other clients' website as every site has completely different user access info :slight_smile:

If they remove the code, then they will just be able to see those plugins in the list, nothing else.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.