Is MarketPress required to use CoursePress Pro or can you use Woo....

I'm a bit confused by the relationship and why CoursePress Pro is asking to install marketpress to be able to sell courses.

My impressing was that CoursePress was able to tie in with Woo Commerce without any other plug-in needed... ?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Glenn Louis Parker,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The MarketPress and WooCommerce plugin indeed may not be able to work together at the same time on the same site. These are both e-commerce plugin, kind of "competing" in terms of features and general purpose, so due to technical reasons they may significantly interfere.

CoursePress however does not require MarketPress to be installed on a site and if there's WooCommerce already up and running it should work with it instead. Therefore you may safely disable MarketPress. Then please go to this page in your site's dashboard:

CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General

and scroll it all the way down. At the very bottom there's a "WooCommerce Integration" section (it shows up only if WooCommerce is active on the site!) where you may tick the checkbox for "Use WooCommerce to sell courses" option. That should be enough to make CoursePress work with WooCommerce.

In case you had any further questions, let me know please and I'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.