Is MarketPress the poor member of the family?

Since the release of MarketPress 3.x some considerable time ago, a quick scan of subsequent updates shows just two 'added' features. Across the same time period, WPMUDEV have made significant updates to many products, launched new products and generally made great leaps forward.

Is MarketPress the poor member of the family, with too few resources allocated to it?
Is there genuine further development of MarketPress scheduled, or just maintenance work?
Will it ever have bulk upload facilities (2.x had, its bizarre 3.x doesn't)?

Maybe its just me, but one of the factors I joined was MarketPress; and whilst I may have misinterpreted the situation, I feel the product has been sidelined. It once was a product with a future and now its not going anywhere.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but no one seems prepared to make a definitive statement.

Is MarketPress dead in the water, or are great things planned for it?

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello esidarap,

Yes, development of MarketPress slowed down due to fact that we have introduced new plugins and new services (there is lots of changes here in WPMU DEV).
    Unfortunately we don't have unlimited dev resources to work 24/7 on developing new features for all of our plugins :slight_frown: - we would love to do that, but at the moment it is not possible.

For now we want to focus on making MarketPress bugless (or at least remove as many bugs as possible) and more... polished.
    I can't give any ETA when adding new features will be started again (I don't have this knowledge) - hopefully it wont be long.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.