is membership 2 pro compatible with woocommerce?

Hi there folks :slight_smile:
I would like to use membership 2 pro on a directory site. Is it compatible with woo commerce?

thanks in advance
Linda

• Nahid

Hi Linda !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I'm glad you want to use the plugin. It is definitely compatible with Woocommerce. But to be clarified, can you let me know if you want to sell your memberships with Woocommerce or make your Woocommerce Pages/Products to be private? If you want to sell memberships with Woocommerce, unfortunately, it isn't possible yet but might be added to the future updates as this'd be a great feature request. If you want to make Woocommerce Pages/Products private with Memberships 2 Pro, it is absolutely possible.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid.

• Nahid

Hi again Linda !

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, an ETA on the update has not yet been set and I guess inclusion of Woocommerce for selling memberships isn't on the priority list for the next immediate update. The reason behind this is, our Membership 2 Pro already has a strong e-commerce feature used to sell memberships with 7 payment options in 25 currencies. So I guess it is not dependent on Woocommerce for selling membership and the built-in feature is a handy thing to use and I'd suggest you to try that once.

Regards.

• Drew

Hi, just adding that the request isn't a case of feature overlap, it's a case of integration requirements.

We can't sell some products via one system, and other products via a different system, which is exactly what it seems Membership 2 requires us to do. We have had to move to WooCommerce with some add-on plugins instead because of this limitation.

My advice at this point: If you are ONLY selling memberships then Membership 2 might be a good solution for some, but you will paint yourself into a corner if you intend to ever sell anything else on your site, and wish you hadn't used it (open to being proved wrong here).

• Nastia

Hello Drew

Thank you for your input on this matter.

Membership 2 and Woocomerce plugin are compatible with each other. If you mean that memberships can't be added in the cart along with other products, that is correct. As a workaround, you can sell coupons code with the Woocommerce, which users can use to sign up for a membership. Otherwise, the membership and products need to be purchased separately

Activating membership via Woocommerce would require some custom development, but we do have hooks to accomplish stuff like that. These hooks can be found from Membership 2 > Help > Rest API.

Such integration was requested in the past, but unfortunately, there was no high demand so our developers would develop this feature, since Woocommerce has their own subscription add-on.

I've forwarded your request to our developers and if this thread will gather more "+1s", there is a possibility that our devs will develop this feature :slight_smile:

Have a great day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.