Is Membership 2 Pro the same as Membership 2 I see on WordPress.org?

I'm seeing a lot of negative comments about Membership 2 on the WordPress forums and I see that it has a lot of comments about how buggy the plugin is. So, is the 'Pro' version newer and better? Or are they both the same?

It sounds like the plugin was released way too soon and needs to go through beta before it can be anywhere near ready for prime time.

Tell me what you are doing to solve all the bugs and why I should use this versus one of the other more stable and well-functioning membership plugins on the market.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Shea, Michael here!

The Pro version has more features than what the free version has, but they both have the same base. That said, going on the 1-star reviews over on WordPress.org, only about 20% of them are for Membership 2 itself (the rest are from the prior iteration of the project, simply called "Membership").

As for what we're doing to resolve the bugs that have come up... for one, we've implemented automated unit tests (where feasible), to automatically catch bugs in certain parts of the plugin, thus providing us extra coverage for quality assurance.

In addition, we're always looking for new testing/QA solutions to ensure our products are as stable as possible. :slight_smile:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance please!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.