Is my Membership 2 Pro set up correctly? I can't see some content.

I've attached the screen that shows how I have these set up.

I've checked and the user account is in fact within the membership. However, the "read more" content on the site shows as restricted while comments and other menu items are visible.

Any help is appreciated – these plugins are going to be the death of me!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi chris

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I’m not exactly sure what you meant with the following line:

the “read more” content on the site shows as restricted while comments and other menu items are visible

Can you describe a little more? Can you provide any specific link of content on which we can test? That will help us to understand better and solve your issue faster.

I’m looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• chris
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The member that /should/ be able to see the content below the Read More line in the articles cannot. Please log in to my account through the backend as I do not want to post the URL on a public forum.

Thank you for your help – little (big) issues like this with some of the wpmudev plugins are keeping us from announcing the site to our members. We’d like to get this wrapped up ASAP.

• chris

Well, had to go live today but we are still sure this is not set up correctly. Right now anyone that is registered and logged in can post comments. We only want people in our membership group to be able to see or post comments.

No clue what we’ve missed here – any help would be appreciated.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello chris,

So – you set this properly. I was able to replicate this on my testing site so this is bug. I’m reporting this to developer, he is working on the next release so hopefully this will be fixed with next update, or we will get hot fix (if possible) for that.

kind regards,

Kasia

• chris

I’m not sure that makes sense…

You want me to set this so that the “Comments: No Access” has “Guest Membership”, “Default Membership”, and “Collo Company Member” in it so that only the “Collo Company Member” people will be able to view and contribute to comments???

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello chris,

OK, I think I've got it – so bug it that one rule overrides other rules and protection doesn't work at all. You wrote that

We only want people in our membership group to be able to see or post comments.

and workaround is to set "No access" to Guest and Default membership and remove membership from next two position.

This way only "Collo Company Member" will have access to comments.

Let me know if this works for you.

kind regards,

Kasia

• chris

That may have done it.

Would this logic hold true in my menu items?

I’ve yet to be able to get a login button to only show to people that aren’t logged in and be hidden from those that are logged in.

The same for a logout button – only shown to those that are logged in but hidden from those that are not logged in.

This is a VERY frustrating challenge as we don’t want a big bulky logon and register widget on the front page but haven’t been able to get the menu items set up correctly.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello chris,

What exact menu items are you referring to? I’ve just checked your site and as visitor I’ve got “Login and registration” in the menu, and as logged in user I can only see “log out”. So I’m not sure what exactly is not working. Please, advise.

kind regards,

Kasia

• chris

Kasia – the original issue here with regards to items showing up for incorrect groups is still unresolved.

I’ve created a new membership and put it in the “hide readmore content” option. However, users in this membership can in fact see the read more content of each article.

This is incredibly frustrating.

• chris

Okay… I’m suspect that some crazy cache issue with the host might be the issue of not seeing any changes. I’ve tested this and so far, two changes that I’ve made are visible after about 30min even when caching is turned off on the server and new browsers are opened.

So I’ll keep testing and let you know if this isn’t the case.

Thanks for sticking with me, Kasia!

• chris

Thanks, Ash.

I’ve just given up on M2Pro. It’s taken over a week to try and get even the most basic of permissions set up. I grabbed Simple Membership (which was free) and have managed to get everything working perfectly in less than 20 minutes.

I appreciate the follow up but we just couldn’t wait any longer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.