Is Product Plugin Theme included in Marketpress?

Marketpress is advertised as a comprehensive, powerful eCommerce solution. Is Product Plugin Theme already included in Marketpress or it is needed to enhance Marketpress.

• tutuology
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey vanavah! Just want to clarify with ya that Product is a theme and Marketpress is a plugin. With that said, if you are going to use Marketpress plugin you will need to choose a theme to run your plugin(s). Product is a fantastic theme to run Marketpress from. You will need to install Product theme and activate it. You will also install Marketpress and activate that as well. Both the theme and the plugin are highly customizable. Hope this helps!

• vanavah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

There is the simple theme, basic theme all for Marketpress. Does any of these themes contain the product theme features. Each of these themes has they own features, therefore , can you install more than one theme so as to obtain all the features?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

WordPress itself only allows one theme to be installed at a time, so you couldn't install multiple themes unfortunately.

For specific MarketPress themes:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simplemarket

But MarketPress should work well in any theme coded to WordPress standards. Occasionally you might need some minor css depending how you want it to appear.

Take care.

• vanavah

If WP only allows 1 theme, then its all about which theme has the most features. Are any of the features in product theme included in Simple or Frame. I want to buy the most powerful theme for Marketpress. Please let me know if Product Theme is the best and has the most features so that I can buy it now. In addition, Is the Product Theme mobile responsive as I work only with mobiles?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

But it's all relative to your actual needs. To make an analogy a huge lorry will be more powerful than a 1 litre car, but if you're only nipping around town, the car will do the job better.

The features of both are not really comparable, they do different things.

If you want something with features built around MarketPress then GridMarket (FrameMarket) is the choice.

If you prefer the look and features of Product theme, then use that.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• vanavah

I don't understand. Which of these theme give the power close to amazon.com. Reason being is that I am dealing with lets say a hundred stores that have a wide variety of products including clothing, electronics, dry foods, restaurant etc. Is Product Theme mobile responsive?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I'm not sure of any themes which deliver the power of Amazon or even close. That's at least not what our themes would do.

MarketPress itself will handle all the products, it's how the site looks which a theme handles.

MarketPress should work well within any theme coded to WordPress standards.

I'm thinking in this instance it might be best for you to setup a sandbox install and play around with both MarketPress and different themes. Then you will be able to see what features and abilities they all have before deciding on one you wish to use with your new site.

With a test site install you would also be able to test them all within your mobile and tablet devices as well.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.