Is prosites working?

Some things I noticed about my Prosites installation with a 14 day trial that completely breaks it:

- I had a user purchase a plan to test If Prosites would work. Here is the log:

2016-06-03 10:18:20 pm PayPal subscription IPN "recurring_payment_profile_created" received. - I-SK0VSYWHW07T

2016-06-03 10:18:16 pm User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Subscription created (Business Website: $0.03 USD every 3 months) - Profile ID: I-SK0VSYWHW07T

Then you look at the top:

Pro Site privileges will expire on: June 18, 2016 (Active trial)
Level: 3 - Business Website
Payment Gateway: Trial

It still only shows that 14 day trial, not the extension, and there is absolutely nothing in the subscription or subscriber information boxes.

I currently have no confidence that prosites will work because I also tested this on an expired account and had a user purchase a plan to activate and extend the account prosite status, but it never extended the prosite status. It still says it's expired even though Paypal went through!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin and it doesn't change anything. I also have this feeling that the "Pay to Blog" feature may not work along with Premium Plugins not working, as I have seen possible malfunctions, but haven't fully investigated them. Stripe will not at all work too. And yes, I've disabled all pluginss and the same stuff happens. So many issues!

What in the world is going on? I appreciate any help on this! Thanks. And I've enabled support.

• Sajid

Hi Carmelo,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear things are not working for you as expected. However, I tested the stripe payment with free trials and its working fine for me. It first gave me the free account for selected days and then if I complete the checkout process it extended the subscription to one more month.

Also, if you have enabled Trial Feature then and signup on checkout then the Pay to Blog feature would not work because you are giving away the full feature access for selected period.

Regarding your question about the PayPal issue, I could not configure my PayPal account so I am unable to test that currently. I would request you to create separate ticket for this issue so we can assist you with this matter.

I can understand the frustration about the issues you are getting but I would strongly recommend to create separate tickets for your each question so we can assist you accordingly.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Carmelo

So the problem was with Paypal as described in the logs, not Stripe. Stripe doesn't work at the moment as it just can't connect to stripe to find the Plans. I'm very curious as to how you got it to work as it wasn't even setup to work... I see no record of any of this happening in Stripe.

The pay to blog feature didn't seem to work after an account level was changed to a level that didn't allow it. But again, I have not investigated it further yet.

• Carmelo

Still unsure why Paypal was not working, but I managed really to get Stripe working by doing the following (on Latest version of Prosites 3.5.4):

Whenever I submitted a payment on my payment page, it always gave an error that "Stripe Plan websitex_plan_X_X does not exist" or something like that. So I went into the plugin and edited the Error message lines.

Fix for Stripe to work:
    [open /plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-stripe.php]
    [Search for:]

if ( ! self::plan_exists( $plan ) ) {
    $psts->errors->add( 'general', sprintf( __( 'Stripe plan %1$s does not exist.', 'psts' ), $plan ) );

return;
    }

[Or search for the entire IF statement that has 'Stripe plan %1$s does not exist.' written in it]

[Then comment it all out with //] Like this:

//if ( ! self::plan_exists( $plan ) ) {
    //$psts->errors->add( 'general', sprintf( __( 'Stripe plan %1$s does not exist.', 'psts' ), $plan ) );

//return;
    //}

Magically, Stripe Works! It takes payments on any of the payment levels, cancels payments, and seems to log correctly in ProSites.

I'm unsure why this works, but it works!

• Sajid

Hi Carmelo,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know that Stripe is working for you know.

Do you still need help with PayPal ? Am able to configure that on my site and created a test subscribed with PayPal sandbox account. It says the Payment Gateway is Trial. I think its because the payment is not actually deducted yet until the trial ends,so let's see if it change. I will keep an eye on it and post back here if it change or not change.

Meanwhile, if you need help with anything else, please let us know.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.