IS Showcase Buddypress compatable? If not, is it possible

IS Showcase Buddypress compatable? If not, is it possible to set Showcase as the front page and set a another page deeper in to a different but buddypress compatable theme? How difficult is this to do?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Eoghan,

It's not specifically for BuddyPress, but since BuddyPress 1.7, you don't need a BuddyPress specific theme. It will just do it's best to provide a BuddyPress experience with the existing page template. Might not look perfect, but give it a try, and see what you think.

Best regards,

• Eoghan
    • Flash Drive

Maybe you can give me some advice here. I really like the flash graphics of Showcase, but really only wanted that for the front page. Beyond that, I want several static pages to display specific topic content, a links page, and then a password protected (members only) entry to a back end forum. Is it perhaps wisest to settle on some other theme that will give a less dramatic slide show but offer what I want without the extra effort. I am not at all sophisticated as a WP user and want to optimize the appearance and functionality with minimal complications setting it up. I went through real torture before I could get Multisite to work. So I would rather avoid that again.

To reiterate, I'd like BuddyPress, Privacy settings, and ease of setup. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Eoghan,

I'd advise using a theme that you'll be happy with across the board instead of just your home page. I would recommend putting together a test site that is separate from your main project where you can freely experiment with themes and how they look with BuddyPress.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.