Smush Pro, Cloudflare and W3 Total Cache

Is Smush Pro compatible with Cloudflare and W3 Total Cache? Is there any benefit in using Smush Pro if I'm already using the other two or is it redundant?

• Tyler Postle

Hey NYCWW,

Hope you're doing well today!

Smush Pro should work well with W3 Total Cache, there was some issues with the object caching; however, that's been fixed up in a recent update :slight_smile:

As for cloudflare, I haven't heard of any known issues with it; however, if you do experience any then let us know.

if I'm already using the other two or is it redundant?

I'm not an expert on cloudflare, it looks like it does offer optimization; Smush Pro provides lossless image optimization by removing all the unnecessary meta information hidden in the image. So unless Cloudflare does that already, then it wouldn't be redundant :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• calvinrogercanas

Hey there @NYCWW,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

Glad you made your decision and I think using the CF will be the best for you but I suggest you give our plugin a test to check who will give you better result. Not saying that CF's lossless image optimisation is not good(also I haven't use it yet) but just want what's best for our member here :slight_smile:

Let me know if it helps! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Calvin