Is Snapshot a suitable alternative to VaultPress?

I’m wondering if Snapshot is a suitable plugin for ecommerce stores or WP sites where there is a high volume of data being added or collected by the website all day. (i.e. daily backups are not sufficient)

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@limecanvas,

Probably not.

VaultPress intercepts the various add/update/delete processed on your content during the day. Each of these changes are mirrored to the VP central server. Speaking of which Snapshot does not use a centralized server. You provide the remote server for offsite backups.

Snapshot works more like a traditional archive tool where it gathers all the files and database exports at the time the backup is scheduled to run. Also Snapshot does not do changes or differences from the previous backup. So if only 10% of your site changes in a given backup cycle everything is still included in the backup. The reason for this is it makes backups easier since everything is in one archive.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.