Can someone check our installation ???

We are really not able to make our Membership site + Prosite work? We need someone to check what we did wrong please. How can we do that. Who should we contact to have a rapid help. We assisted to forum, live chat, etc and nobody can give us the right answer.

Thank you for your help and to answer soon.
Annie

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Annie

Hi and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

Adam is on the right track with asking for more information. What are you trying to do with Membership and Pro Sites? What is the result you are trying to achieve?

Please note that you can use Membership to restrict access to users creating a ProSite but that is the extent of their integration. They work side by side but do different things.

We can help if you give us some direction and more information on the errors you are encountering. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• alchymed
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

First let me tell you a big thank's to answer rapidly for helping us. We really need to understand what doesn't work because we are near to give up...

The URL is : http://ressourcepro.com
    Theme: Studio

Since 2 weeks we work with the newest version of membership (Version: 3-RC-1). It could be one of the problem.

We also installed Pro-Site (Version: 3.1.3 ) but enabling and disabling Prosite just to make sure that it is not in conflict with membership but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

We have membership installed on multi-site. We set our network to allow member and site creation at signup. Our problem is that in the signup process, the blog creation step is missing. After the payment, only the member account is created, with the correct membership level, but no way to create the site.

Our business plan is to sell WP Sites offering different Themes and plugins + a membership subscription (montly) because we offer video courses. There is no free membership. They have to sellect one of the 3 subscription at sign up.

Probably it is not possible to do what we want with those solutions..?

Thanks
    Annie

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Annie

I have gone to your site (not logged in as I wanted to check out what was happening) and saw that your users are indeed being given the option to get a site.

I'm attaching a picture.

Please advise what you have changed or what else you are trying to accomplish, as you had noted that you did not think this was happening.

I'll be checking more in the meantime.

Best,

Kimberly

• alchymed

I must add, in the older version of membership, I believe it asked to disable the regular WP signup, because the membership plugin would take control. But maybe I am confusing this with ProSite documentation. I am not sure.

Is it posible that the new membership plugin is different with respect to signups

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Annie,

I have logged into your site and it seems that you do not even have ProSites installed.

I cannot install and setup the plugin for you. This is custom development and beyond the scope of what we provide here in the fourms.

If your developer wants to set it up and I can troubleshoot that is fine.

Please let me know

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Annie, I used the login button and clicked register to get the results

Membership will use the WP registration setup but your users will have to click on the Signup buttons generated by your Subscription plans

You can put in a list on any page by using the shortcode [subscriptionform]

If selling sites is your major goal then perhaps you can use the prosites registration instead, and associate the prosite level with a membership level via the Advanced portion of the Access Levels settings

• alchymed

Thanks for your clear answers - it is really appreciated. The pull-down does not show my prosites levels. I have created 3 levels in prosite using :

Prosite>Levels

This page does not allow linking a prosite level to a WP role. I have look elsewhere in prosite admin, and can't seem to find a section to do this. Can you direct me.

BTW, in

Prosite>Module/Gateway

I have all the module enables except Pay To Blog

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Right, I've read through the posts and I'm a little confused,

Do you want to allow members to sign up and pay a monthly membership without a website? Or do you want members to sign up for a website and pay just the monthly membership cost for a site that prosites does without membership being needed?

I signed up for a site and it created it fine, the step wasn't missing, but I get no choice to choose my plan, but I can choose my plan from if I get to the page through the dashboard of the website I created.

Do you want your users to pay before they access the dashboard?

Sorry for all the questions, but it helps me understand your exact problem better.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Adam (Coding-Monkey).

• alchymed

OK. We want to allow members to sign up and pay a monthly membership WITH a website. Because we want to offer a site and also content (PDF, vidos, etc) that give us mor info each month. They can learn and try with their sites at the same time. The best would be to give them acces to more than on site (depending of their subscription if it is possible).

We would prefer of course that users pay before they get access to their dashboard because they will have not only access to the site but also to the content.

I hope that this info answers your questions and thanks again!

• alchymed

To clarify our choice of the membership plugin is that we use it to protect some of the content mentioned above. (PDF, vidos, etc)

From the begining we were planning to use ProSite for the subcription, site creation and the member-level or role, and membership to protect the content. As we were unable to make the prosite subcription level match the membership level, we droped the prosite approach.

But you say this matching is posible. If you can just tell me how it is done, I'll be very happy. I feel we are very close !!

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi,

Thank you, that helps a lot!

I've still got a lot to do tonight (it's 8.30pm here), I now know what you need to do and I will test tomorrow on my installs and see what I can come up, please note there may be delay of 24hours in me getting back to you. And I will then hopefully explain in full what you need to do and if needed provide you custom code.

Kind Regards
    Adam (Coding-Monkey).

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Annie,

The matching was only something I was hoping would work, not a sure shot, so sorry

Membership and ProSites do work along side each other but they do not integrate. Meaning you cannot use the rules in one to make something happen in the other.

It is in the works: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subjugating-pro-sites-plugins-packages-to-the-membership-plugin?replies=15

If what you are looking to do is combine the two then that is not possible at this time. We had no idea the need would be so great for this and anticipate adding it to a future release.

At this time Membership will protect your front end content and ProSites will manage your sites, but in order to do so you must use the ProSite registration for the websites. Perhaps you can manually assign Membership levels to users to give them selective access?

If I am missing the boat on what you are after here please let me know. The way it stands your users will have to regsiter for a ProSite, then Subscribe to a Membership, both separately. If you are OK with that then I will suggest again that you use ProSites to register the sites and manually assign the membership levels to your users.

Please go and vote for better integration of Membership and Pro Sites. I think it is very important that we find a way to get these two to work together.

Waiting to hear from you, please let me know if I am understanding and explainaing clearly

Best,

Kimberly

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Kimberly,

Your 100% correct, I also think it should intergrate with each other to create a super awesome plugin.

I did create a site a while back that was sort of similar to what Annie is looking for.

Annie: I'm testing now and seeing what your best solution would be, I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Adam (Coding-Monkey).

• alchymed

Just a word to say thank you. That's the first time we feel to be guide correctly. To be honest Kimberly and Adam, after one month, we feel we will see the light at the end of the tunel. Waiting for you tomorrow! Good night.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Annie,

To get the members to pay before they access their dashboard, you need to activate Pay to Blog in the modules/gateways part of the Pro sites plugin.

Then you need to goto the settings part of the pro sites plugin and scroll down to the bottom of the page and where you have the pay to blog settings on that page, you will see a line that says "Disable front end" just tick that box. Now when people sign up and have used the link in the activation email and they goto sign in, once they have entered their login details they will be re-directed to the page to choose a plan and checkout. (I have attached a couple of screen shots to show where you need to go).

Now regarding the membership part, You want your site users to be able to access downloads and tutorials etc correct? Do you want them to pay for this or not?
    If you want them to pay for it, I would recommend the pay per view plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view
    If you don't want to charge I would recommend the Password protect plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/password-protect-selected-content

I feel using either of these plugins would be the best thing you could do at the moment, till membership and pro sites intergrate with each other, you could of course hire a developer aswell to get this done for you with custom coding/plugins/getting the membership and pro sites to intergrate with each other.

I hope this helps you a bit, if you need anything else please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards
    Adam.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Annie,

I just finished visiting the admin of your site, though the idea is great, the back end especially the plugins are a mess in which in some cases there are multiple versions of the same plugin.

In addition, there are so many plugins in which most are not activated for whatever reason.

Last but not least, it does not appear that you are running the last version of the Membership plugin Version 3-RC-1 nor its first round of fixes - the Interim Fix

It is my opinion the very first thing to do is to install the Update Notifications plugin with its key so that we may get some of these updates accomplished. You may want to also clean up some of those plugins that are non essential or duplicates at this time by removing them.

Please advise when you have the Update Notifications plugin installed so that I may go ahead and get the Membership plugin updated.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Annie,

Please be advised that an update version of the Membership plugin has been released version 3-RC-2 and if you have not yet updated to this version it is in your best interest to do so and if you have issues with it since it is a new version please submit a new ticket with details describing the issue(s).

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.