Is Subscribe by Email Scalable In Theory?

My question is simple; once the bugs and corks are taken care of will this plugin potentially replace my third party auto responder? =D

How scalable is it really?

How do you think it will compare to a third party service?

Will the emails go to spam or is it just as effective as a QUALITY AR?

PS. I'm using a dedicated server so I am only limited to the plugin.

Cheers!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Seth

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

I think subscribe by email is scalable especially with the right hosting, to send it relies on wp cron, and send in batches every 30 minutes, as long as you don't have limits on that it should be fine.

To be honest, I can't see how it would replace a autoresponder? As an Auto responder is when someone either submits a form, signs up or similar.

I'm also going to flag the lead developer to provide his valuable feedback here.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Seth

Well i'm in the Internet Marketing niche and I find that all I really need is Wordpress, a landing page and optin form to collect the info I need to contact them :slight_smile:

If I can import leads, create templates, schedule emails and send to thousands of subscribers at once then in my opinion it would make my AR obsolete.

Which I would love to get rid of considering i'm paying 300 a month just so I can send from a third party platform.

So I was hopping this plugin would cut out the middle man so I could save 300 each month.

The only think I am worried about is my domains IP address getting blacklists from mailing from my sites domain!!! Is that the way it works?

Would love to hear more about this from the lead dev.

Cheers!

• Seth

Also, does the plugin automatically add new registrants to the data base, and will they get a follow-up email if I choose to set that up?

From what I read it is possible to schedule emails in advance to send to subscribers.

So if the plugin can capture the leads and send emails to the leads then I was thinking, it would be a perfect replacement for my current third-party AR.

Maybe I am dreaming, you may want to check my pulse!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Seth

I hope you are well today.

I've been talking to the lead developer about this and we think you have some nice ideas.

Currently it doesn't seem like this would be a suitable replacement for your current system, the lead developer did say that it can't really be compared with a 3rd party system currently.

The plugin is growing and being improved all the time and we really appreciate your feedback and thoughts.

At the moment the plugin uses wp_mail() and not SMTP. I hope that this helps clarify a bit :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.