Is the access token automatically refreshed?

Is the access token automatically refreshed??

• awesomeuser
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello.

Thank you, glad you like it :slight_smile:

The question is based on we want to use:

- Use Facebook Events widget
    - Use Facebook Like Box widget

It is because I am a little fuzzy about how Facebook uses access tokens. Apparently the access tokens expires from time to time.

Will the Wordpress administrator have to refresh the access token from time to time to make these widgets work?

I saw that in Wordpress under "Facebook Settings" you have "Permissions & Tokens".

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @awesomeuser

I am a little fuzzy about how Facebook uses access tokens.

I think everybody is a little fuzzy about how Facebook works. Period. They seem to change things up pretty arbitrarily and it's a PITA to keep up with them.

Anyhoo, Facebook says this about access tokens:

An App Access Token is signed using your app secret and will not expire; it will be invalidated if you re-key/reset your application secret.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/technical-guides/opengraph/publishing-with-app-token/

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

• Shane
    • New Recruit

when im installing ultimate facebook, on the second step labeled, "Permissions and Tokens" it seems to never finish and has that status bar scrolling forever. And when I click on the button, "Refresh User Access Token" I get this error popup:

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's "

Anyways, I did all the other steps and I'm still not seeing FB comments anywhere on a page or post....

Whats the deal???

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Shane, I hope you're well today!
    The message you're getting indicates that for some reason, one of the following happens:
    1. Facebook can't see your website. This can happen if you have your domain protected in some way.
    2. You have the wrong settings in your Facebook app or the plugin settings. Please follow the instructions provided by the plugin to make sure that the Website URL and Canvas URL are properly set-up.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

P.S. In the future please avoid re-opening other people's old & closed threads. The issue you're having has nothing to do with the original post. Instead you can simply search these forums for an answer to your issue, and if you can't find any then create a new thread.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.