Is The Affiliate Program Broken?

Visiting https://premium.wpmudev.org/affiliates/, each link seems to loop back to the same page. Is there somewhere else a logged-in WPMU-DEV user should go to get affiliate info / resources / links?

Thanks!

• Adam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @mwsmedia,

I am not staff, but i think the WPMU DEV Affilliate Program has been stopped at the moment due to fraud. I am sure a member of staff will either confirm or condemn my reply for you.

I hope this is of some help.

Kindest Regards

Adam.

• mwsmedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Cheers for that, Adam. If that's indeed the case, a little note on that page of the site would have saved me some time / effort today..!

Staff, can you confirm the program is inactive, and if / when it will be back?

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @mwsmedia,

@adam is correct, Currently we are no longer running the affiliates program as we had a lot of fraudulent issues with some users who took advantage of the system and kept getting their friends to sign up etc, then they issued chargebacks and so on which cost us a lot of money as even if we win a chargeback dispute it still costs us regardless.

So it's a case of a few rotten apples ruined it for the good guys, which is a shame. however we are thinking of other ways our current members can be rewarded as time goes on.

Hope this explains it.

• mwsmedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for confirming, Vaughan! Any thought to either taking down that page, or adding some text explaining the hiatus? An affiliate program was one of the reasons I joined WPMU-DEV... probably not so good to have a selling point up on the site when it isn't actually active. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the quick response!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.