Is the dashboard plugin required to install the themes or other plugins?

I just signed up for the gold membership and downloaded the dashboard. I have a few clients that will be maintaining their own site after i complete it so i don't really want to use the api key and my 20 uses for the dashboard on those sites. So, is the dashboard plugin required to install the themes or other plugins?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @David,

Hope you're well today and welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

The WPMU DEV dashboard isn't required, it is only required if you want to automatically update the themes and plugins.

You can still download the themes from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/ and the plugin from https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/

Click "No thanks, download directly" on the theme/plugin and then install via wp-admin > plugins > add new > upload :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David

Great! I have an ecommerce project that could ..maybe be solved with some customizations to two or three woocommerce plugins that would each be more functionality than required, and also cost quite a bit.

I would like to be able to accomplish the same goals with this system if possible.

If I explain to you what the site needs to do, can you help direct me to the
    proper usage and functions of the marketpress plugin and any combination of others plugins that may help me achieve my goal? That would be ideal and is the reason for signing up today.

Here is a brief description

The company sells imported marble and granite slabs to fabricators.

The client wants anyone to be able to search and view all the products in the catalog
    ...but prices can only be visible if you are logged in as a "Fabricator"

So i need to be able to:

- create custom user roles

- hide pricing from "non-fabricators"

- display on main product
    -- price(per sq ft),
    -- lot #,
    -- Type of stone,
    -- dimensions in inches etc

- display below the selected product a list of other similar products that are in stock and

- below that, display similar products that are not in stock but are available for import

- ability for unregistered users to send products list to a contractor or fabricator

Are there any features of Marketpress plugin or any combination of other plugins that can accomplish the functions i listed without customization.
    If not, please direct me to the best possible options if you would be so kind.

I need to finish this project right away as I have six others waiting so the less custom functions the better. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

• aristath

Hello there Dave,

You could probably accomplish these wih a combination of MarketPress and CustomPress.

In order to hide prices to anyone but fabricators you could use some CSS and add a conditional so that only that user role can see them.
    We can help you with that, it shouldn't be more than 4-5 lines of code.
    The extra features you want to show can be implemented using custom fields or taxonomies from the CustomPress plugin.

If you want to show related products you can use the "MP Related Products Widget" plugin from this site: http://www.marketpressthemes.com/our-plugins/

The hard part on your list of requirements above is this:

ability for unregistered users to send products list to a contractor or fabricator

I can't think of a way to do this other than custom coding a "save cart" functionality!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.